Report 10 years ago
(Original post by prudentstudent)
I did mine a few days ago.
VR - 760
QR - 770
AR - 890
DA - 880
Average - 815

God knows how I got 770 in QR, I missed out about 5 Q's...
:eek:
woah

a guy im friends with got one of the highest UKCAT scores last year and it was 10 less than your total!! ironically the 2 unis he got into were cambridge which use the BMAT and dundee which dont look at UKCAT that much
sickhead2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What would your opinions be of:

VR: 460 (don't know what went wrong :confused:)
QR: 730
AR: 650
DA: 880

Total: 2720
Average: 680
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sickhead2)
What would your opinions be of:

VR: 460 (don't know what went wrong :confused:)
QR: 730
AR: 650
DA: 880

Total: 2720
Average: 680

did you get boared out of your mind and nearly fall asleeep?
cos that how i felt whilst doing it
sickhead2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jjkkll)
did you get boared out of your mind and nearly fall asleeep?
cos that how i felt whilst doing it
I would be lying if I said no :p: It just seemed like everything was Cant Tell :confused: I probably over analysed the information.
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sickhead2)
I would be lying if I said no :p: It just seemed like everything was Cant Tell :confused: I probably over analysed the information.

i kept feeling that they were can tell aswell
and i generally hated the entire test, hence my score obviously im not a UKCAT thinker!!
sickhead2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jjkkll)
i kept feeling that they were can tell aswell
and i generally hated the entire test, hence my score obviously im not a UKCAT thinker!!
Yeah, in conclusion UKCAT is a pile of ****. Hopefully they will factor out the VR this year by some freak reason. Good luck with the BMAT!
badger stripes
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by prudentstudent)
I did mine a few days ago.
VR - 760
QR - 770
AR - 890
DA - 880
Average - 815

God knows how I got 770 in QR, I missed out about 5 Q's...
WOOOWWW ... *buries head in metaphorical sand* lol, ill probably get more than 200 below ur average in 6 days !!!
callum9999
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anminko)
I just took mine a couple of hours ago! (I live in Japan so I didn't take it at 5 am haha)

Verbal 540 (OUCH)
Quantitive 710
Abstract 720
Decision Analysis 620

Average 647.5

I ran out of time on everything but decision analysis (which ironically i didn't do so well on)

..is this good enough...
Me too. And as I was going through the decision analysis questions I thought I was doing really well...
jonny_shaw
Report 10 years ago
Did me UKCAT today, got:
VR - 600
QR - 740
AR - 680
DA - 800

I found the QR very hard, i literally got to question 22 out of 40 and had 2 mins and guessed the rest. Seemed to work though. Good luck to everyone who's still got to do it and well done to everyone that has.
Kelly^2
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Got mine in the morning and then my driving theory afterwards! Wish me luck I think I'm going to need it.
Chrrams
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonny_shaw)
Did me UKCAT today, got:
VR - 600
QR - 740
AR - 680
DA - 800

I found the QR very hard, i literally got to question 22 out of 40 and had 2 mins and guessed the rest. Seemed to work though. Good luck to everyone who's still got to do it and well done to everyone that has.
Wow well done, you got a great score there. I agree with you on QR, it really is difficult...
prudentstudent
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kelly^2)
Got mine in the morning and then my driving theory afterwards! Wish me luck I think I'm going to need it.
Ouch! Good luck :top:
Princess_
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Haaa. Unfortunately I didn't so well.

Verbal: 550
Quantitative: 660
Abstract: 640
Decision: 650

Average: 625

I actually had time left for every section. I guessed like half of all questions though, which is probably why I failed and why I had so much time left, but tbh I was nervous for like half of the time and couldn't concentrate properly at all. But meh, I don't really care, seeing as I only took the exam today to get me a feel of the actual test [I'm gonna do a deferred entry and apply for med 2010 instead, which means I have to sit the UKCAT again. I think anyway.]
BillyLiu
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How long are the passages for Verbal Reasoning?
Princess_
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by BillyLiu)
How long are the passages for Verbal Reasoning?
There's a variety. Some are quite short, others are medium and then there's a few that are like 3 paragraphs long.
Chrrams
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Princess_)
Haaa. Unfortunately I didn't so well.

Verbal: 550
Quantitative: 660
Abstract: 640
Decision: 650

Average: 625

I actually had time left for every section. I guessed like half of all questions though, which is probably why I failed and why I had so much time left, but tbh I was nervous for like half of the time and couldn't concentrate properly at all. But meh, I don't really care, seeing as I only took the exam today to get me a feel of the actual test [I'm gonna do a deferred entry and apply for med 2010 instead, which means I have to sit the UKCAT again. I think anyway.]
I'd say your score is reasonable; many candidates will have lower scores than 625, so even if you were using that score, I'm quite sure it would be good enough.
Princess_
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Chrrams)
I'd say your score is reasonable; many candidates will have lower scores than 625, so even if you were using that score, I'm quite sure it would be good enough.
Meh. I wanted an average of at least 700 or around there anyway like 680 or 690 or something. Oh well. Nothing I can do about it now.
* Dain Bramaged *
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hey, jus done my ukcat and got an average of 667.5, i am told this is average. is there any point applying to edinburgh which weight it highly apparently??

edit: i was told there are 4 groups with regards to applying to edinbugh for the ukcat. some get 0 points and some get 3. anyone know how many points i'd get for this??
BillyLiu
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Definitely go for it! "Average" is a nasty word, used by pessimists to degrade all the folk around them. Just remember that you've OMG GOOD GRADES to help you through as well.
anminko
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by * Dain Bramaged *)
hey, jus done my ukcat and got an average of 667.5, i am told this is average. is there any point applying to edinburgh which weight it highly apparently??

edit: i was told there are 4 groups with regards to applying to edinbugh for the ukcat. some get 0 points and some get 3. anyone know how many points i'd get for this??
Wow! I think we took the UKCAT on the same day AND we both want to apply to Edinburgh. :woo: But yeah.. I got 20 points less than you and am really on the fence right now.. I wouldn't want to waste one spot of my application if i'm definitely going to be rejected.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Photography MA open afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

Who do you think will be the next PM?