The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1440
DrDomDom
Amen bruv.

I dont consider myself an "average" applicant, and Ive worked pretty hard to get to the position Im in with my application currently, but some of the results people seem to get on here are...like I say, the work of genius, or liars - it makes some really talented people seem distinctly average. I hope your guestimates hold some truth - it definitely does seem like this community, along with NMM is a really well informed one.

It's not even that. It's also that, some people may have perfect grades, but their PS might be a bit lacking or they may be lacking in other areas.

For example, most academically talented people at my college [people with like straight A*'s/A's and 5A's at AS] , got low UKCAT scores [by low I mean, lower than 600]. I doubt you'd get alot of students with perfect UKCAT scores, academic grades and a wicked PS.

Either way though, good luck with your application. :smile:

Oh and btw, some people do lie on TSR. Not saying everyone with a score of above 800 is a liar, but there are some liars out there.
I got an average of 820 for my UKCAT. Is that any good?

My friend said it was the best they ever had but I'm not so sure..

LoLz
Reply 1442
OriginofSymmetry
I got an average of 820 for my UKCAT. Is that any good?

My friend said it was the best they ever had but I'm not so sure..

LoLz

.....I hope your being sarcastic :biggrin:
No please, will I get into ANY medical school?

I want to know!!

Ok i'll stop now :frown:
Reply 1444
OriginofSymmetry
No please, will I get into ANY medical school?

I want to know!!

Ok i'll stop now :frown:

No your a failure, thats rubbish...try biomedical sciences perhaps. :mute:
Argh, I have my UKCAT tomorrow.
I'm so nervous it's unreal. I just can't get Abstract reasoning. I don't see a pattern straight away, so I panic and then I have no hope of getting it!!

Just a question though, did the fact that the practice test online closes itself before you can check your answers annoy anyone else?
I swear I've had to go through that thing nearly 4 times just to get my marks. :mad:

Wish me luck I guess :s-smilie:
I'm just glad only one of my choices puts weight on it. Lord knows what I'll be like before the BMAT :biggrin:
Got mine soon. What kinds of topics come up in QR? I know we could get any questions from the bank of questions.

Is it things like-taxes, percentages, ratio's, pie charts, graphs, tables etc?

Is there lots of information aswell, like there is in the practice test?

is there anything on revenue cos i really dont understand it.

sooooo worried about mine. Don't want to do below average, but i would like a score of above average.
Good luck PaperCutz!

MaybeMedic
Got mine soon. What kinds of topics come up in QR? I know we could get any questions from the bank of questions.

Is it things like-taxes, percentages, ratio's, pie charts, graphs, tables etc?

Is there lots of information aswell, like there is in the practice test?

is there anything on revenue cos i really dont understand it.

sooooo worried about mine. Don't want to do below average, but i would like a score of above average.

QR is basically tables, percentages, and pie charts. Well, that's kinda the thing I had, I can't recall it all. But there was no revenue in mine.

It is easier than the practice. So yes, do believe what people are saying. I scored highest in QR (810)
Yep the practice test is annoying, you would of thought it could give you a mark or something, but in reality its much more complex in producing the score (maybe not that complex but we don't really know).

I found it helpful to go through the answers on the abstract reasoning practice test to give me an idea of what to look out for. However, speaking from experience in the actual test you get some pretty ****ed up shapes.

As for what can come up - anything can. But it'll be to do with percentages, ratios, graphs, adding, subtracting, multiplying etc... but it may be worded in a weird way.

Also just try and get as many right as you can and leave some time to guess at the end as its been proven you can get a really high mark by simply guessing.

And it maybe helpful to use your whiteboard in the decision analysis section - certainly was for me (880)
Mm I'm just hoping they're not all really ridiculous things.
Like that "they can all be made into a 5x5 L shape"
Who on earth can see that? :eek:
Maybe I'm just not built for those questions, we'll see.

Thanks for the luck OriginOfSymmetry, I'll need all I can get!
so jealous of the 810 in QR and 880 in DA. I really dont know what kind of score to expect

Someone said that in AR some of the sets have 2 patterns not one like there is in the practice?
Can anyone confirm this?

1 pattern messes with my head enough lol.
I don't know what you mean?

Also, the guy who got 880 on DA, you must be on drugs. I had no idea what it was about.
PaperCutz
Mm I'm just hoping they're not all really ridiculous things.
Like that "they can all be made into a 5x5 L shape"
Who on earth can see that? :eek:
Maybe I'm just not built for those questions, we'll see.

Thanks for the luck OriginOfSymmetry, I'll need all I can get!

I think I read on here that aslong as you meet the GCSE requirement then you're pretty much guranteed an interview at St Georges (it was on a thread where they linked to a flow chart on St Georges website).

MaybeMedic
so jealous of the 810 in QR and 880 in DA. I really dont know what kind of score to expect

Someone said that in AR some of the sets have 2 patterns not one like there is in the practice?
Can anyone confirm this?

1 pattern messes with my head enough lol.

I think its just one pattern. However i'll leave that to someone else to confirm 100%.
Reply 1453
In my AR I *think* it was only one pattern... I certainly only noticed one, but I did quite well on that section, so hopefully I was on the ball.

OriginofSymmetry
Well done, you should be very pleased! Where abouts you applying?

Sorry for not noticing this earlier, but I'm applying to Cambridge (Pembroke), Sheffield, Leeds and Newcastle
9 days till my exam :s:
Reply 1455
crazylemon

epic PUKE!
Reply 1456
crazylemon

aw good luck =]

I sat mine this afternoon...it really is so much easier than the practice lol

results

verbal 730
Quantitative 680 :mad:
Abstract 680
Decision 850 :woo:

Average= 735 - rather respectable methinks
Reply 1457
almost booked for the 29th September!!!!!
just need my dad's credit card number............. hehehe
What is the score out of? and what do i need to get to be considered for dentistry?

Can somebody give me some detailed info about the marks etc regarding this test.

Thanks.
Hi everyone

Apologies if someone has already asked this - I couldn't be bothered to trawl through the fifty odd pages prior to the end of this thread!

This may be a silly question, but do the universities have different deadlines for having peoples UKCAT results in? Or do they go by the date on the UKCAT website i.e. Oct 10th? And the Sept 26th - is that the date you have to have BOOKED your UKCAT by?

I ask because I am having a major communication problem with my college about the UKCAT and now I'm panicking!

Thanks guys
Beth

Latest

Trending

Trending