The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just an update after my worried ramblings of last night.
I survived!

Verbal - 770
Quantitative - 770
Abstract - 650
Decision - 900 :eek:

I knew abstract was my weakest point but the 900 was hell of a shock.
I was sitting around with about 10 minutes spare, I thought I'd missed off half the questions of something D:

Soso happy right now.

Well done to everyone else who's done theirs and good luck to those who still have it ahead of them!!
Evenstar
Hi everyone

Apologies if someone has already asked this - I couldn't be bothered to trawl through the fifty odd pages prior to the end of this thread!

This may be a silly question, but do the universities have different deadlines for having peoples UKCAT results in? Or do they go by the date on the UKCAT website i.e. Oct 10th? And the Sept 26th - is that the date you have to have BOOKED your UKCAT by?

I ask because I am having a major communication problem with my college about the UKCAT and now I'm panicking!

Thanks guys
Beth

Anyone..........?:frown: :confused:
DrDomDom
This is just unbelievable... People's "scores" on here... I feel like a dumbass.

You shouldn't, I don't think ANYONE even considering medicine is a "dumbass".
Just because someone manages to get a great score doesn't mean they'll get in. It's just one of the many hoops we have to jump through unfortunately.
:frown:

That and I doubt there's such a high concentration of such high scores out there in the 'real world'
The average is an average for a reason after all I guess :s-smilie:
DrDomDom
You need to be registered by 26/09 - you can and should REGISTER now, and if you can, book it too. I believe thats the last date you can book by. All unis go by the UKCAT deadline.

So is registering just purely creating an account on the UKCAT website? In which case I've done that! So then all I need to do is sit the test before Oct 10?:smile:
DrDomDom
I would book before the 26th just to be sure and to have that test booked for before 10/10

Thanks you've made me feel a bit less panicked now!:smile:
xD
It's understandable.
Just as I'm hugely jealous of all those people with their AS module scores on show. I just about scraped my A's and everyone seems to be getting 100%
on things :frown:

Ah well, we're all good at different things :rolleyes:
PaperCutz
Just an update after my worried ramblings of last night.
I survived!

Verbal - 770
Quantitative - 770
Abstract - 650
Decision - 900 :eek:

I knew abstract was my weakest point but the 900 was hell of a shock.
I was sitting around with about 10 minutes spare, I thought I'd missed off half the questions of something D:

Soso happy right now.

Well done to everyone else who's done theirs and good luck to those who still have it ahead of them!!

damn thats a high score.... well done :biggrin:
DrDomDom
This place makes my 700 look very very average...

No it doesn't.
Reply 1468
omg mine is tomorrow....the quantitative reasoning will just be a guess like hell section for me...the time limit on that I find soooooo damn tight....D:
DrDomDom
Well when you see people getting 800s in the subtests it makes me feel like it at least...

You realise that on this website, many people prefer NOT to put their score up if they think it is poor? The real average will be lower than that on this site. I got 702.5, and I'm damn proud of my result.
Well done everyone on their results! But I do wish I'd stop visiting this thread, it's making me feel like a complete and utter idiot with my result.
PaperCutz
xD
It's understandable.
Just as I'm hugely jealous of all those people with their AS module scores on show. I just about scraped my A's and everyone seems to be getting 100%
on things :frown:

Ah well, we're all good at different things :rolleyes:

Aww! Really well done on your amazing UKCAT results XD Are you considering Sheffield or KCL, as they place quite a lot more emphasis on the UKCAT?
Did the practice exam on the ukcat site today, well half of it. Time for verbal reasoning was good and I could finish it. But when I did QR, it was ridiculous, I finished about half of it. The math is pretty easy, it's just that there's alot to read and keep in mind, also a lot to calculate. So, how much are you expected to finish? If you score full points on half of test, do you get high points?
DrDomDom
What did you get?

VR: 590
QR: 740
AR: 510 :frown:
DA: 680

Average: 630! (Not 630 factorial :p:)

The thing is I was really pleased with that when I walked out, because I was expecting to fail it- my mind's quite slow (as in I can never work quickly) and I'm really awful at the UKCAT (and I'm not kidding hehe)!
Reply 1474
can someone tell me which are medical schools put a lot of emphasis on UKCAT scores?
I have heard that the real UKCAT exam is not like the practice one on the internet? Like the amount of information they give you.. it takes me ages to read it all through.

could someone tell me about this?

mine is tomorrow:|
x
Reply 1476
Oreyt guys

Just done my Ukcat test, dont really know what it means

I got:

Verbal - 670
Quantitative - 630
Abstract - 690
Decision Analysis - 710

and some stuff about my character an' that

Is this good/gonna be enough for medicine?

Cheers !
-Tom
Oreyt guys

Just done my Ukcat test, dont really know what it means

I got:

Verbal - 670
Quantitative - 630
Abstract - 690
Decision Analysis - 710

and some stuff about my character an' that

Is this good/gonna be enough for medicine?

Cheers !

You should've got a sheet with your results which tells you that the average score falls within 500-700. Your average is 675. That's a very good score. Different unis use the UKCAT in different ways, but I think it's fair to say that most expect something around 600. Though that's not to say people with <600 have no chance. Some unis have a cut-off at a certain score, some interview from highest UKCAT score to lowest, some give you a score based on your UKCAT score. But yeah, 675 is good. It's 'gonna be enough for medicine'.

Good luck with the rest of your application.

VIcky _X
I have heard that the real UKCAT exam is not like the practice one on the internet? Like the amount of information they give you.. it takes me ages to read it all through.

could someone tell me about this?

mine is tomorrow:|
x

Are you talking about the verbal reasoning section? I found that it varied a lot. Some passages where only a few sentences. Others were way too long for my liking.

Some people have said they found the real thing easier than the online practice. Others found it harder. I think, especially with the QR, the general consensus seems to be that it's easier.

Or have I misunderstood what you're asking? :s-smilie:
Yeah you understood.. do you have any tips for me?
Reply 1479
Ahh cheers Papillon, thanks for the help!

thats taken a pretty big weight off me mind

Latest