The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

mj2
Hi

On the AR section, how 'deepl'y sould you look into the shapes to get the pattern? ATM, im just looking at the number of shapes, angles, repeats ect, but on the answer key on the UKCAT website, there are some crazy patterns, like: if there is a traingle, then the next shape is a black square ect. How quickly are people finding the pattern and any tips?

thank youuuuu

Just look at the group for about 30 seconds and try to spot a pattern - whether that's position, certain shapes are certain colours, whatever.

If you can't see it after 30 seconds, give it up as a lost cause, mark for review, guess on the 5 shapes, and move onto the next set. Otherwise you could end up running out of time on ones you may get.
Appreciate any help!!! in the DA what is the difference between having two codes in brackets e.g., (D,7) and having two codes right next to eachother e.g D7?? :s-smilie:
Reply 1702
.x.--Lou--.x.
Appreciate any help!!! in the DA what is the difference between having two codes in brackets e.g., (D,7) and having two codes right next to eachother e.g D7?? :s-smilie:

they come 1st
jjkkll
they come 1st

the brackets come first?? is there any difference in how the are interpreted?

Thanks v Much!
Reply 1704
Did mine today.

VR:600
QR:610
AR:490:mad:
DA:610

Didn't see no average score on the results sheet but it's below the 600 average score:frown: :frown:
Ran out time on every section and had to guess more than half for every section except DA

Oh well c'est la vie!

how do unis use the scores?
i.star
Did mine today.

VR:600
QR:610
AR:490:mad:
DA:610

Didn't see no average score on the results sheet but it's below the 600 average score:frown: :frown:
Ran out time on every section and had to guess more than half for every section except DA

Oh well c'est la vie!

how do unis use the scores?

Well done :smile: Don't worry about AR, it's a stupid section :p: (well, I would say that lol...)

It really depends on the university as to how they use it to be honest.
Not a bad score.. I got like 540 on AR too but my computer broke in that section :frown:
scaryhair
Well done :smile: Don't worry about AR, it's a stupid section :p: (well, I would say that lol...)

It really depends on the university as to how they use it to be honest.

VR is in my opinion stupider :p:
^^both are, they were my lowest scores! :biggrin:
Reply 1709
I know that you don't need to out your UKCAT scores on the UCAS form but do you need to mark on it somewhere that you've actually sat it or anything? I don't think you do but figured I'd just double check!
Reply 1710
I just couldn't spot the patterns easily and spent all of the time on the first 30 qs and had to guess the rest when time was about to expire. :frown: :mad:

Do the unis have like a minimum score or something? My guess is Queen Mary and KCL want more than the average of 600 on top of excellent grades
YEAH! boo to AR! who cares about a load of silly shapes anyway...
anyone know if nottingham have a cut off score? and i heard newcastle was like 570 last year is that right?
So mine's tomorrow.
Pooping myself :frown:
i bet you'll do great!! seriously.
Meh, seriously I find verbal reasoning SOOO hard, I can't concentrate on writing, have to read it over and over again. And abstract reasoning... flipping heck. Does anyone have like a list of things that might come up for Set A/B etc? Would be soooo much appreciated very quickly aswell please! hehe
Okay, got my results!

Verbal reasoning: 720
Quantitative reasoning: 810
Abstract reasoning: 750
Decision analysis: 880
Average: 790

:smile: thanks for support guys
Reply 1716
Calumcalum
Okay, got my results!

Well done Calumcalum!
Calumcalum
Okay, got my results!

Damn that's a good score, well done :biggrin:
quick question all.. do we put our UKCAT scores before we send off our application? Because i cant take the exam till the 8th.. (financial thing...)
Did mine this morning!! Thank god its over!

Average of 675..better than i was expecting :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending