Meg1107
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Anyone else just confused by it all? Can anybody help me understand because I would like to be able to have a say in things.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Meg1107)
Anyone else just confused by it all? Can anybody help me understand because I would like to be able to have a say in things.
Could you be slightly more specific on which bit is confusing you?
Meg1107
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)
Could you be slightly more specific on which bit is confusing you?
Everything, everyone. For example, one moment I hear that Jeremy Corbyn’s a good man who has our interests at heart, the next somebody tells me he’s lying and he’s no better than Boris Johnson or Theresa May.
The only thing I can be certain of is that the conservatives don’t care about us and just wanna get paid loads of money.
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Everything, everyone. For example, one moment I hear that Jeremy Corbyn’s a good man who has our interests at heart, the next somebody tells me he’s lying and he’s no better than Boris Johnson or Theresa May.
Yes that's how mass media tends to work. What you can do is listen to what they actually say and compare it with what they do, rather than just getting secondhand opinions.
ColinDent
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
Yes that's how mass media tends to work. What you can do is listen to what they actually say and compare it with what they do, rather than just getting secondhand opinions.
Or alternatively you can listen to what each and every one of them say and immediately disregard it as bull****, it saves quite a bit of time.
LaPregunta
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well my advice is to research it, rather than go off the opinions of people here. That way you will truly have a say in things.
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
Or alternatively you can listen to what each and every one of them say and immediately disregard it as bull****, it saves quite a bit of time.
Mhm it's usually prudent to at the very least assume that every politician comes with a degree of incompetence, at the very least.
mike44
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
"The only thing I can be certain of is that the conservatives don’t care about us and just wanna get paid loads of money."

Actually a basic explanation of what the Conservatives are about is having smaller govt services and benefits costs to the tax payer by encouraging people to work and to support small businesses and entrepreneurs to make their way in the world. Whilst still having tax levels set too high.

Labour is about borrowing billions to widen public and govt services and to pay this off by taxing the wealthy AND those of us who work hard to get out of the gutter and into a reasonable wage bracket to support our families.

Neither party actually think about the 'average person' or put in the work to learn How much money does the govt need to run the country properly - they both just tax us all as much as they think is possible without being too unpopular to get elected in the constituencies they need.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (63)
32.64%
Spring (36)
18.65%
Autumn/Fall (48)
24.87%
Winter (36)
18.65%
I love them all equally (10)
5.18%