How do they predict your predicted grade? Watch

Danomind
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
How do they predict your predicted grade and do you use these to apply for uni?
Garden_Gnome
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
By looking at your standard of work over the year or so. Yes they are used to apply to uni (otherwise they'd have no idea whether or no you're likely to meet the requirements).
JimGrey
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well apparently you get two sets of predicted grades. First you get the ones from your teacher which you use to apply to university, and those (at my school at least) were decided from your general standard of work throughout the year, and a prediction of the best you could do on a good day. My IB coordinator said that they also tend to be based on what you get for your summer exams in IB 1. The second set of predicted grades (which I don't think you find out, but I'd say are probably pretty similar to the first set, but probably lower) are ones made in February or March of IB2 and are sent to the IBO. The reason for this is because if a student gets a 3 or 4 in a subject they were predicted a 7 in, they may look over the exam once again just to make sure.
Danomind
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Do you use your PREDICTED grades to apply for university or the ACTUAL grades? And if it is the predicted ones, isn't that unfair! What if you are smart but the teacher hates you or something?
k4di3
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
you use the predicted ones. and yes, it is unfair... but just live with it... only makes it worse if u try and talk the teacher about the grades. happened to me... =(

and the final exam grades is the most important, and that has nothing to do with the teachers, so thats good...
[m a a r i.]
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
most likely through, homework, test, exams..
they calculate the predicted grade
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (179)
39.43%
No - but I will (25)
5.51%
No - I don't want to (32)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (218)
48.02%

Watched Threads