Paracetamol Watch

Erinkelly02467
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I wasn't sure what time I took my first 2 paracetamols and I just took to more thinking it must have been 4 hours at least am I in danger at all I'm only 15
Hazzabear
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Erinkelly02467)
I wasn't sure what time I took my first 2 paracetamols and I just took to more thinking it must have been 4 hours at least am I in danger at all I'm only 15
You’re not in danger, no. Just don’t take anymore tonight and keep hydrated.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
As the above user said youre perfectly fine.
The guidelines will say any more than about 10 in a go is something to worry about, however, that is generally speaking just to air on the safe side. So, yes, you're fine.
Etomidate
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
As the above user said youre perfectly fine.
The guidelines will say any more than about 10 in a go is something to worry about, however, that is generally speaking just to air on the safe side. So, yes, you're fine.
I don't know what guidelines you're referring to, but that's pretty incorrect information.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Etomidate)
I don't know what guidelines you're referring to, but that's pretty incorrect information.
You're more than welcome to ring 111 and ask their opinion on eating 5gr of apap in one sitting and see what their advice on the matter is.
Etomidate
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
You're more than welcome to ring 111 and ask their opinion on eating 5gr of apap in one sitting and see what their advice on the matter is.
111 doesn't know its arse from it's elbow, but suggesting to people that taking no more than 10 isn't something to worry about isn't correct and claiming this is based on a guideline isn't safe advice.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
111 doesn't know its arse from it's elbow, but suggesting to people that taking no more than 10 isn't something to worry about isn't correct and claiming this is based on a guideline isn't safe advice.
Quite possibly. Might one ask what authority on which you speak by the way? I mean its a rather simple fact that 5gr of apap is unlikely to do any damage, let alone kill the average person. That isnt to say it is safe (a claim i never made i might add).
Etomidate
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Quite possibly. Might one ask what authority on which you speak by the way? I mean its a rather simple fact that 5gr of apap is unlikely to do any damage, let alone kill the average person. That isnt to say it is safe (a claim i never made i might add).
5g of paracetamol is an adequate amount to cause harm to someone under 65kg. I don't quite know where you are getting your "simple facts" from.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
5g of paracetamol is an adequate amount to cause harm to someone under 65kg. I don't quite know where you are getting your "simple facts" from.
Didn't you know that TSR users have complied their own TOXBASE? It's far more authoritative and up-to-date. I'm surprised you're not yet using it in clinical practice.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Didn't you know that TSR users have complied their own TOXBASE? It's far more authoritative and up-to-date. I'm surprised you're not yet using it in clinical practice.
Uhuh.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The NCBI.
Etomidate
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
The NCBI.
Post it specifically, because it's contrary to the Royal College of Emergency Medicine and the National Poisons Information Service.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (34)
17.99%
Unconditional if firmed (14)
7.41%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
1.06%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (4)
2.12%
No unconditional offers (135)
71.43%

Watched Threads