Gossip Girl Watch

Poshtotty
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Anyone been watching Gossip Girl? I was surprised to find out that Taylor Momsen (who plays Jenny Humphrey) is only 14 years old. I assumed she'd be 17 at the least.

Must be strange for her (or even her parents) to see her having to force a kiss onto 22 year old Chace Crawford (who plays Nate).

Does anyone else find this age thing weird, or is it just me?

It feels like in America they aren't as bothered about the ages of the actors/actresses as they are in the UK. Another example is the up and coming American movie "another cinderella story" where the main female lead is 15, and her main male lead (her love interest) is 26.
GingerMarshmallow
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I find it weird!
But she really looks a LOT older than 14 so maybe in the USA their thinking is more if they LOOK like they could kinda work together then that's fine and sod the real ages?
Poshtotty
Rep:
?
When I went on a site to see their profiles I was surprised when I saw there was a 14 year old actress as I didn't think there was one on Gossip Girl. Then I found out the girl who plays Jenny is 14.

I seriously reckon that when they cast roles, they should consider ages more. If I was that girl, I don't reckon my parents would really approve.
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There's a big Gossip Girl thread already. Probably better to post in that one because they will get merged/closed.
Poshtotty
Rep:
?
(Original post by PoisonDonna)
There's a big Gossip Girl thread already. Probably better to post in that one because they will get merged/closed.
Oh, I didn't know. I couldn't find it.
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This one: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=551501
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.66%
No - but I will (103)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (637)
47.79%

Watched Threads