Gloom boys
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm just wondering what Gcse grades and what A-levels I would need to study gene therapy. Which UK universitys have a course in gene therapy?
xmpj.Tx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try to aim for mostly 7s and 8s (8-9 definitely in sciences and maths) maybe one 6 . Pass maths and English both with 6s. A levels I would say Bio, Chem and Maths, in case you change your mind later on but still wanna study genetics, all of these grades are sure to give you a good chance
Claisen
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Truth be told, above average grades will suffice for the majority of UK universities. So, you're looking at GCSE 6/7s and ABB - AAA+ at A-level.

For the more 'respected' universities, you're definitely looking at AAB+ (AAA+ even for oxbridge, St. Andrews etc) at A-level. No-one really cares about your GCSEs apart from oxbridge / medicine courses as long as you get a 6/7 in sciences/maths/English.
Gloom boys
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
For my science Gcses I'm predicted As but for maths a B because I'm not doing higher, so if I'm not doing higher maths would that effect my ability to do it for A level?
Claisen
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Gloom boys)
For my science Gcses I'm predicted As but for maths a B because I'm not doing higher, so if I'm not doing higher maths would that effect my ability to do it for A level?
I believe so, yes.

However, most biology based degrees don't require maths A-level.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (72)
28.35%
England (86)
33.86%
Belgium (20)
7.87%
Germany (31)
12.2%
Spain (3)
1.18%