Can a yr 8 date a yr 10?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
S_roberts188
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm yr 8 and i like this yr 10 girl should i ask her out?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
no
Cryoraptor
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
She could get in trouble if she went out with a year 8.

When I was in year 8 I had a crush on this girl in year 11, and I had daydreams of us being together. Now that I am in year 12 I look back on that and realise it's best that those daydreams stayed that way as a 12/13 year old boy is at a completely different stage in their life than a 15-16 year old girl, not to mention that would look bad for the girl since she's older and a lot more mature.

It's fine to daydream and have a crush on a much older girl (comparatively) but I would say that you should stick to girls of your own age. That 14-15 year old girl wants completely different things to what you want, believe me. I don't want to put you down but she most likely isn't interested in a 12-13 year old boy.

Hope this helped
username2816962
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I guess but you are 100% going to get rejected
S_roberts188
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cryoraptor)
She could get in trouble if she went out with a year 8.

When I was in year 8 I had a crush on this girl in year 11, and I had daydreams of us being together. Now that I am in year 12 I look back on that and realise it's best that those daydreams stayed that way as a 12/13 year old boy is at a completely different stage in their life than a 15-16 year old girl, not to mention that would look bad for the girl since she's older and a lot more mature.

It's fine to daydream and have a crush on a much older girl (comparatively) but I would say that you should stick to girls of your own age. That 14-15 year old girl wants completely different things to what you want, believe me. I don't want to put you down but she most likely isn't interested in a 12-13 year old boy.

Hope this helped
Thank you for the advice, also I just realised I should've mentioned we r both girls, and both interested in girls 🤣, but I understand where you are coming from
S_roberts188
Rep:
?
(Original post by bennyj901)
I guess but you are 100% going to get rejected
Oh I know
Cryoraptor
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by S_roberts188)
Thank you for the advice, also I just realised I should've mentioned we r both girls, and both interested in girls 🤣, but I understand where you are coming from
No problem
S_roberts188
Rep:
?
Im going to ask her out tomorrow, she will probably decline, but it will just show me that I need to go for my age ( I just often prefer to see if she will reject me)
averagestudent1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You would get 100% rejected and in the least bit she would say yes she would be looked at as a cougar and a pedo as in secondary school 2 year is a big difference
averagestudent1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don’t do it
username4169146
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
it's an odd age gap.
stillcrying
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Year 8’s a bit young for a relationship in my opinion. In saying that, I’m now in year 12 and have never had one so make of that what you will.
Cryoraptor
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by stillcrying)
Year 8’s a bit young for a relationship in my opinion. In saying that, I’m now in year 12 and have never had one so make of that what you will.
I wouldn't think a bit of experimenting at that age is unhealthy but I would agree that a year 8 probably can't maintain a real relationship, especially with someone a lot older/more mature.
tdp2612
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
put it this way, thats a 15 year old with a 12 year old potentially. thats borderline fiddler
Cryoraptor
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tdp2612)
put it this way, thats a 15 year old with a 12 year old potentially. thats borderline fiddler
Wouldn't say it's fiddler, it's a maturity gap for sure though
S_roberts188
Rep:
?
(Original post by averagestudent1)
You would get 100% rejected and in the least bit she would say yes she would be looked at as a cougar and a pedo as in secondary school 2 year is a big difference
I'll tell you what happens tomorrow, though I know I'll get rejected, just in my mind it's better to try then to miss the opportunity
username4169146
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tdp2612)
yes it is, but in the best case scenario it's a 13 yr old and a 14 yr old.
Feverbeaver180
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by username4169146)
yes it is, but in the best case scenario it's a 13 yr old and a 14 yr old.
That's all good.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads