?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
how do i work it out? second year is 25% and third is 75%
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Take your average module mark from the second year and divide it by 100. Multiply it by 25.
Do the same for your average third year module mark but multiply it by 75 instead.

Add the two figures together.

This is on the assumption that all modules are equal, of course. I'd advise you to get in touch with your university as it can vary. Your dissertation (if you're going one) may have extra weighting so get someone from uni to explain it.
Kitty Pimms
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by G_S)
how do i work it out? second year is 25% and third is 75%
You've managed to complete a degree without a rudimentary understanding of percentages?!

But seriously, your university will have its own methods of calculating the overall grade. Different modules will have different credit weightings within each year, and there may be a form of paper weighting if you're borderline after the numerical average.
G_S
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
my uni is crap and they dont tell us anything. so all my modules are equal. also when calculating do i round up in between calculations or round it off just in the end.
Kitty Pimms
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by G_S)
my uni is crap and they dont tell us anything. so all my modules are equal. also when calculating do i round up in between calculations or round it off just in the end.
At the end, normally. But it does depend again on your university - at some, a 59.6 is a 2.2 and at others a 2.1.
belle654
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by IlexAquifolium)
At the end, normally. But it does depend again on your university - at some, a 59.6 is a 2.2 and at others a 2.1.
What would a 59.6 be at birmingham?
G_S
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
i have no idea but my uni rounds it up
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by belle654)
What would a 59.6 be at birmingham?
Ask them Some do round up, especially when mitigating circumstances are involved. I don't know if Birmingham do or not.
belle654
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by River85)
Ask them Some do round up, especially when mitigating circumstances are involved. I don't know if Birmingham do or not.
hmm, damn mitigating circumstances, birmingham have hardly been very helpful with my mitigating circumstances, they rejected all of them and now theyve gone to appeal, i just wondered about the rounding up thing because im going to be so close on the edge of a 2.1, every little percent will count
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (546)
37.73%
No - but I will (113)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (100)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (688)
47.55%

Watched Threads