Ukcat Watch

abbs_aly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Am i right in thinking that only LEEDS, BHAM and LIVERPOOL are the only 3 unis that dont have the UKCAT as a requirment? :confused:
Malsy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
they don't?

I think they do - don't they lol
tomenthedon
Report 10 years ago
you is right
Asclepius
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by malsi101)
they don't?

I think they do - don't they lol
Malsi, you've ventured into dentistry, don't you be making false statements based on the requirements for medicine :p:
Malsy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Alex L)
Malsi, you've ventured into dentistry, don't you be making false statements based on the requirements for medicine :p:
No...I never
I asked if they do or not!:p:

But Im sure they do? Don't they?

care to expand?
Asclepius
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by malsi101)
No...I never
I asked if they do or not!:p:

But Im sure they do? Don't they?

care to expand?
Nah, I was just making sure that you knew you were in the dentistry forum before you started giving advice based on your knowledge of medical admissions . You know what sort of reaction people get if they make unfounded statements in the medicine forum, I just wasn't sure if the dentists were as pissy :p:. As to your question, I have no idea if they do or not, but that's because I don't know anything about the requirements at different unis for dentistry
Nikhil_17
Report 10 years ago
yeah ur right
Malsy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nah, I was just making sure that you knew you were in the dentistry forum before you started giving advice based on your knowledge of medical admissions . You know what sort of reaction people get if they make unfounded statements in the medicine forum, I just wasn't sure if the dentists were as pissy :p:. As to your question, I have no idea if they do or not, but that's because I don't know anything about the requirements at different unis for dentistry

oh dont worry :rofl:

lol
Banu_Hashim
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Bristol don't either
Evolin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nah- we're nice.

I was thinking how dead this forum is lately. It needs a bit of firing up I think. I might try being nasty :p:

As to UKCAT requirements- i need to brush up myself, as it wasn't around in my days! I think I'll leave it to the more newer dental students.
Asclepius
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Evolin)
Nah- we're nice.

I was thinking how dead this forum is lately. It needs a bit of firing up I think. I might try being nasty :p:

As to UKCAT requirements- i need to brush up myself, as it wasn't around in my days! I think I'll leave it to the more newer dental students.
We're normally nice in the medicine forum, it's just that recently there's been quite a few posts by people with no idea what they're talking about, which tends to get people a bit wound up :p:. I'm guilty of being harsh at times too
Speedbird2008
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nor do KCL.
Evolin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Speedbird2008)
Nor do KCL.

Since when? I'm sure they do require the UKCAT and place quite a bit of emphasis on it...

(Original post by kcl website- dentistry section)
Other academic requirements
Aptitude testing
UK CAT required
Just check individual university requirements on their websites!

(Now comes my time to be nasty!!, but I reckon you were just offering!)
Speedbird2008
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I heard it was to be taken, but they put no weighting on it unless it is a tie-breaker between two candidates.

Evolin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
But it's still a requirement. I think uni's ukcat more than they let on.
Speedbird2008
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Okay.
jt33th
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Speedbird2008)
Nor do KCL.
Kings definitely do. I know for a fact that leeds and birmingham don't because i applied there this year, UNLESS they changing their mind and they are considering using it for next year?

It's best to check the individual requirements on the websites/prospectuses lol but yeh i don't think the UKCAT is THAT important, as it is quite new, just do your best
pripri
Report 10 years ago
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=180263682692
abbs_aly
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
are these books useful though?? would anyone say that they really do prepare you?
Asclepius
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I didn't use them and I did pretty well (I averaged around 770) then again there are plenty of other people who swear by them. Then again, I didn't do any preparation until about half an hour before my test
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (442)
37.81%
No - but I will (88)
7.53%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.82%

Watched Threads