The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Wuthering Heights is very good for the theme of imprisonment.
Reply 2
What can i look at in wuthering heights under the theme of imprisonment?
the way the two different houses represent imprisionment in a different way. The first description of Wuthering Heights suggests that nature makes the house confined and isolated. The effects it has on characters:h:eathcliff is denied freedom. Thrushcross Grange could be said to reflect imprisionment because culture and society are restricting. Cathy goes mad and dies. Young Cathy doesn't have much freedom. However both houses also could represent freedom to. Wuthering Heights is free because of nature and Thrushcross Grange because it is symbolic of culture allows education and progression in society. All of these idea could be developed to explore imprisionment in Wuthering Heights. PM me if you want anymore info...I have a whole folder full of Wuthering Heights notes..
twinkledust
Can anyone point me in the right direction with this?
I am comparing w/h with one flew over the cuckoo's nest, comparing the idea of imprisonment.

Does anyone know of any better books to compare it with?

Thanks
xxxx

Good news for you, I have studied wuthering heights and am currently studing one flew over the cuckoos nest, pm me
Reply 5
Twinkle-toes
Good news for you, I have studied wuthering heights and am currently studing one flew over the cuckoos nest, pm me

cool, could you give me any examples of imprisonment in one flew over the cuckoo's nest? which i could compare to w h? i'm only nearly half way o/f/o/t/c/n but i'm gonna finish it today

Latest

Trending

Trending