Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Dionysus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well the getting off with people and sex in a field I'd personally judge to be a positive effect of alcohol, but the violence thing isn't so good. All I can suggest is asking your friends to buy your drinks and make sure you don't have too much.
summertime_
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
its just a shame that stuff like that happens because i bet youre a lovely girl, and you look gorgeous as well in your picture yet when youre drunk, you sound like you totally ruin that image.
Cupid Stunt
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Go without drink at all for a while, only willpower can do it.

Then after that I think you might appreciate drinks a bit more.

In time you'll can just get used to being drunk, I used to be the same all the time, but I carried on drinking every weekend and I kind of got used to being so drunk that I no longer done stupid things because it became a normal feeling...

So, either way it can stop really, lol.
artorscience?
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ask your friends to keep a check on you. And try to have a bit of self restraint and only have a drink, don't feel the need to keep up with everyone else when you know you're more of a lightweight than they are.

Or learn to like your sober self and make yourself/believe you are an interesting person and others will see you for it too.
jpye11
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Drinking a beer or two every night has allowed me to build up a tollerence which means I rarely get totally ***** faced, so maybe try that!
milliondollarcorpse
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The violent thing may have been one-time thing, has that happened before?

Well I think, for a start, cut down on the drink, tell you friends to make sure you have no more than a few drinks. Over time, you will probably be able to have a drink on two more on top of that and be fine, just when you start becoming used to the affects of alcohol

Or if that isn't an option, try drinking only in an environment your comfortable with, gigs can be quite loud and unpleasant at times; aswell as the fact that you saw a girl you're not keen on.

That's the only advise I can give, hope it helps
gee_shakedown
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
[QUOTE=milliondollarcorpse]The violent thing may have been one-time thing, has that happened before?

QUOTE]

That's the first time it's happened to that degree, but I do usually get a bit angry and quick tempered.

And thanks everyone for your advice everyone
ninety_nine
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you know you're limits then try to keep within them and practice willpower. Worrying about chatting rubbish and slurring is silly, everyone does it!
sokissme18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i sort of have the same problem, lately i've been getting really angry and aggressive when i'm drunk. the last time i went out, once i was a bit tipsy i knew i should only have one or two more drinks.. so i was just 'happy' drunk.. not gone. maybe you should try that?
Cupid Stunt
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What people don't understand is that it's physically addictive, drinking alcohol is like pringles, once you start drinking it's pretty hard to stop, your body craves for more. That's why not drinking at all is probably the best idea...
Y'anami!
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mooch sips off friends and convince yourself you're somewhat drunk and get that confidence boost.

What, it worked for my friend :p:
milliondollarcorpse
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Cupid Stunt)
What people don't understand is that it's physically addictive, drinking alcohol is like pringles, once you start drinking it's pretty hard to stop, your body craves for more. That's why not drinking at all is probably the best idea...
I find that, for me anyway, there's a point where I don't want anymore.
Howells
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is there anyway you could just have one drink and stop? I normally have a glass of wine and then drink water or squash all night because I hate feeling drunk and like an idiot but I don't like sitting there and looking depressed while everyone is drinking ha :p: I think you need to work on limiting yourself - if this doesn't work then you need to stop drinking altogether, at least for a while. You'll just end up looking a fool and ruining your reputation.
Botticello
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Try having a cut off point where you feel as if you have a happy buzz from the drink but not enough to be aggressive, say 3 or 4 drinks or whatever. Itll need will power though!
fredscarecrow
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do you know your limit? As in, when you're drinking, can you recognise the point where oyu know you shouldn't have any more? If you do, then when you reach that point go to a close friend and say 'whatever happens, whatever I say, don't let me drink anything else tonight/for x number of hours'.

I have a really low tolerance for alcohol (but unlike you, I just collapse) and now I know my limit, I get my friends to keep an eye on me..not so much that they can't enjoy the evening, but iof they catch me on the way over to the bar/table with the drinks they'll simply slip the glass out of my hand and give me some squash..or I'll be given a bottle of water to hold XD Works wonders.
pikaboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by milliondollarcorpse)
I find that, for me anyway, there's a point where I don't want anymore.
Me too...I guess I'm lucky that I physically can't hold much drink anyway (I feel full!) so I know my limit. Or just sticking to spirits with mixers helps - you don't get drunk so quickly but it's a nice slow tipsyness that still leaves you with a buzz but it's difficult to get stupidly drunk that way.
kjc_us
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I used to be like that - without the sex in a field part though! But I didn't know where to stop and I'd drink and drink and drink until I passed out, and once I ended up in hospital, which was not cool! It took me a few really bad experiences to eventually put me off major drinking, and (and I don't mean this at all in a patronising 'I'm better than you way' because we're both the same age) I think it could be one of those things you'll just grow out of. Eventually for me I got bored with being the one at parties always unconcious and throwing up everywhere. I didn't know my limits back then and I'd just keep drinking, but now I just know when I've had enough. When you've grown up a bit (again, sorry if that sounds patronising - I don't mean it in a 'you're a juvenile idiot' way!) you'll probably just grow out of it.
rummang
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Learn to control yourself? I have full consciousness over everything I do when I'm drunk/wasted/plastered/hammered and I know the furthest point I should ever go (e.g. NOT HITTING PEOPLE). I think people use alcohol as an excuse for their true stupidity way too much these days.

edit: And if you feel the need to negative rep me because you disagree with me and you're one of these people that has no control over themselves while drunk and believe control while drunk is not possible, then you need to get a life.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (342)
37.75%
No - but I will (72)
7.95%
No - I don't want to (64)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (428)
47.24%

Watched Threads