NatWest studet account Watch

paulcapewell
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hullo, newbie here (be gentle!)

I've decided I want to open my student account with NatWest (best deal, and I'm already with them).

I currently only have my UCAS letter - my Student Finance Direct application is still in progress. Can I open with just my ID and UCAS letter, or do I need to wait until I have a letter from Student Finance Direct?

Cheers
Audrey Hepburn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No, you don't need to wait - I did it online before I even started my Student Finance application
paulcapewell
Many thanks!

This forum makes this all a little bit less terrifying...!
Audrey Hepburn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by paulcapewell)
Many thanks!

This forum makes this all a little bit less terrifying...!
Don't worry, it's only the internet and we're all only people... just don't give out your bank details and you'll be fine (apart from to me of course :ninja:)
Yasmin2K8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Audrey Hepburn)
No, you don't need to wait - I did it online before I even started my Student Finance application
Did you have to send anything off when you did it online?
Audrey Hepburn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Yasmin2K8)
Did you have to send anything off when you did it online?
No, but then again I already had an account with them and just updated it to a student one. I think that you may have to send your passport if you're doing it from scratch.
Yasmin2K8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No, but then again I already had an account with them and just updated it to a student one. I think that you may have to send your passport if you're doing it from scratch.
I already have an account with them so should be ok. So how do you prove to them that you got a conditional offer etc also how long did it take to do the whole process.

Thank you hunni
Audrey Hepburn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Yasmin2K8)
I already have an account with them so should be ok. So how do you prove to them that you got a conditional offer etc also how long did it take to do the whole process.

Thank you hunni
You have to give them your UCAS ID/number and say that they can view your account. The process took about a week maximum, it was really efficient
BlueRoses
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had to show them my offer letter from the university!
paulcapewell
Fourteen thousand reputation points are in the mail, Audrey
Yasmin2K8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You have to give them your UCAS ID/number and say that they can view your account. The process took about a week maximum, it was really efficient
Thank you
N00blet
Report 10 years ago
Same here i just filled it out online they will send yu forms in the post for free webcam ect and it upgrades your account
Mumintroll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I´m not an existing NatWest customer and I applied online. They then sent me the forms/T&Cs etc to sign and send back to them along with my UCAS confirmation letter. They returned the UCAS letter back fairly quickly (within a week) and confirmed my account is opened. Now I have to go to my branch and collect my card/chequebook - and I'm assuming that I'll have to show them some photographic proof of ID too (although it doesn't say anything about that but it would seem a bit strange/concerning if a bank at no stage would need this to open an account). Apparently I should receive a "welcome pack" within the next 10 days which will include how to apply for the railcard and get hold of the webcam. Apparently you get both before even starting uni, which is fantastic and a surprise to me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (344)
37.84%
No - but I will (72)
7.92%
No - I don't want to (65)
7.15%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (428)
47.08%

Watched Threads