Contract SIM + new phone? Watch

~Ally~
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hei, just wondering if this would be possible: I have a 15/month 3 contract, well, supposedly 15, but tis way too tempting at work to check facebook on it etc. which all adds to the bill. Were i to buy a cheap, unlocked phone from ebay or whatever, and put my 3 sim in it, would it still work? I.e. with a simple, no-tinterweb-temptations nokia or something?
Cheers for any enlightenment
-x-
Ally
Makaveli_The_Don
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If it's a 3 sim, then then the phone you will have to buy has to be 3G enabled I think, and if the phone has 3G, then it has internet, and for you that means more facebook lol.
~Ally~
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Makaveli_The_Don)
If it's a 3 sim, then then the phone you will have to buy has to be 3G enabled I think, and if the phone has 3G, then it has internet, and for you that means more facebook lol.
Oh *******s.
pianofingers
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Unfortunately 3 SIMs (actually called USIMs for some strange reason), can only work in 3 phones...

Why not ask 3 for a data bolt-on to your tariff? I believe they're charged at the following rates:

Internet 10 -- £2.50/month -- 10MB of data -- for occasional use
Internet Max -- £5.00/month -- UNLTD data -- for heavy use (on the mobile)

This is better than paying through the nose every time you check your facebook

Failing that there must be a way you can just fiddle the settings on the phone itself, like deleting all the internet settings, to actually prevent you from using the internet capability full stop.
Makaveli_The_Don
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just get the internet add-on or w/e it's called, you will be able to browse the internet on your phone for a few extra pounds a month and you will cut down on those extra costs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (399)
37.64%
No - but I will (82)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (75)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (504)
47.55%

Watched Threads