Is it okay to go away at easter if I have A levels

Watch
ErKat
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My family is planning to go away during easter for a week and it's a trip I really wouldn't want to miss, but is it stupid for me to go just before my A levels? I know for a fact I will not be revising or doing any work while there but at the same time we get 2.5 weeks so could I afford to lose one?
username4499734
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Go on the holiday. I remember missing a family trip to stay at home to revise for a levels but I literally did no work coz I had mad fomo 😂
username4961772
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by OR321)
Go on the holiday. I remember missing a family trip to stay at home to revise for a levels but I literally did no work coz I had mad fomo 😂
We are the same soul in different bodies. #relatable
username4499734
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sinful Delight)
We are the same soul in different bodies. #relatable
Hahah 😂. I still regret it to this day ngl
username4961772
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you think you would revise harder to make up for the time you will not be revising? If so, go.
I think this really does come down to you and how productive you can be in the time before you leave. I would say use this holiday as a motivation to get most of the work done beforehand and then go and take the week off. Just my suggestion. Do what is best for you.
username4961772
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by OR321)
Hahah 😂. I still regret it to this day ngl
Yeah, I hate having regrets. *gets triggered*
On a more genuine not, totally. I think for us students if 'studying' becomes an excuse to not socializing, it can actually be really negative and isolating. Still feel so bad for not helping my parent around the house because I was 'studying', more like hyperventilating and procrastinating in my room.
username4499734
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah, I hate having regrets. *gets triggered*
On a more genuine not, totally. I think for us students if 'studying' becomes an excuse to not socializing, it can actually be really negative and isolating. Still feel so bad for not helping my parent around the house because I was 'studying', more like hyperventilating and procrastinating in my room.
I only started studying when I had some work/chores at home to do. I’d basically act like my parents don’t want me to do well in life even though I wasn’t even doing anything remotely educational.
username4961772
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by OR321)
I only started studying when I had some work/chores at home to do. I’d basically act like my parents don’t want me to do well in life even though I wasn’t even doing anything remotely educational.
Oh God, so true. The shame and guilt just hit me even harder. Don't worry, we will make up for it.
username4499734
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh God, so true. The shame and guilt just hit me even harder. Don't worry, we will make up for it.
😬😬😬😂
ErKat
Rep:
?
Sounds like something that happened to me during GCSEs😂. I can't decide what I will regret more going or not going, but like you said it's not like I will be doing work 24/7 anyway so
username4961772
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ErKat)
Sounds like something that happened to me during GCSEs😂. I can't decide what I will regret more going or not going, but like you said it's not like I will be doing work 24/7 anyway so
Right. And you can take the books with you (all my friends did when they went on holidays). Balance is key imo. You can always spend a few hours in the evening away from family and work. Yes, work on a holiday. Like I said earlier, it comes down to you. Assess your situation near Easter but it is entirely understandable if you choose to prioritize your education (are you in year 13?).
ErKat
Rep:
?
(Original post by OR321)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (732)
33.84%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (925)
42.76%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (411)
19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.39%

Watched Threads