Student finance - What next??; Awaiting Parent/Spouse Information, not progressing? Watch

fusionskd
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi,
I gave my passport, My mums P60 form and another form my mum had to fill in about a week ago to my local student support centre instead of posting it (I thought it would be quicker) about a week ago. The status on my online application still says "Awaiting Parent/Spouse Information" and It hasn't acknoledged that I've given my passport. I was just wondering how long it would take for them to process my application and when I would be recieving the student loan?
fusionskd
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Anyone?
Chronos
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
When you say 'receive the student loan' do you mean confirmation? As in the letter that has the bar code on it and you hand in to your uni?

Because, as I'm sure you know, you don't get the actual loan (or grant) until you arrive there and they scan it to confirm you're there.
ashlie
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fusionskd)
I was just wondering how long it would take for them to process my application and when I would be recieving the student loan?
I have been told by my LEA that the turnaround time could be up to 6weeks for them to process an application, depends whether or not it is handed in by the deadline eg. for means-tested support you had to submit the application by 27th June.

You will receive your student loan usually around the first day of the start of your academic year, directly to the bank account that you provided on your application, so long as it was submitted by the deadline.

You probably should give your local support office a call, to check the progress of your application. Dont forget you ART ID and maybe your mum's ALIAS ID if they have given her one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (552)
37.81%
No - but I will (115)
7.88%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.33%

Watched Threads