Unstudioustudent
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by jez123442224432)
Thank you!! Trinity College, for Law.
Wow well done! Do you know if all invites are sent on the same day? I’ve also applied to Trinity for law
legallyroyal63
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Unstudioustudent)
Wow well done! Do you know if all invites are sent on the same day? I’ve also applied to Trinity for law
No they are not all sent out on the same day. You will most likely hear within the next two weeks. I'm waiting for Gonville and caius
Unstudioustudent
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by shanelizard)
No they are not all sent out on the same day. You will most likely hear within the next two weeks. I'm waiting for Gonville and caius
Thanks

Wait you can apply for more than one college through UCAS??
danger_mouse_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Thanks

Wait you can apply for more than one college through UCAS?
You can’t no, Gonville and Caius is one college 😀
username2446583
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Thank you!! Trinity College, for Law.
same
Unstudioustudent
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by NPT)
same
Uh oh, looks like I didn’t get an interview @ Trinity 😅
kartiksawhney
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Uh oh, looks like I didn’t get an interview @ Trinity 😅
Did you get rejected or just haven’t heard from them?
Unstudioustudent
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by kartiksawhney)
Did you get rejected or just haven’t heard from them?
Haven’t heard yet - I know the different colleges send out invites on different dates, but I’ve seen about three people on TSR mentioning they just got an invite so highly likely Trinity sent invites today?
kartiksawhney
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Haven’t heard yet - I know the different colleges send out invites on different dates, but I’ve seen about three people on TSR mentioning they just got an invite so highly likely Trinity sent invites today?
One of them is an EU candidate, approx 75% of people get interviews and 90-100+ people apply to trinity for law every year. Don’t assume so soon 3 people don’t make up 75%
danger_mouse_
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Not necessarily, if you haven’t been rejected then don’t worry. They send results out at different times, they get loads of application so they can’t just give them all out at the same time they have to look over them.
legallyroyal63
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Thanks

Wait you can apply for more than one college through UCAS??
Oh no I was just saying that I'm applying to Gonville and Caius
Edit: just read the above messages. Gonville and Caius is just one college...
Last edited by legallyroyal63; 8 months ago
Unstudioustudent
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Oh no I was just saying that I'm applying to Gonville and Caius
Edit: just read the above messages. Gonville and Caius is just one college...
My mistake, thought they were two colleges!! 🙃
legallyroyal63
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
My mistake, thought they were two colleges!! 🙃
Haha yeh no probs it would be better for my impatience and anxiety if we could apply to 2 colleges:rolleyes:
nhya1998
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I haven’t taken any HSK exams yet, would say I might be around level 2-3 going by the material? There aren’t any exam centres which offer the qualification in NI so would ideally do it whilst at uni in England. Aiming at level 5 or 6!
Haha I don't know but I suppose my peak was Level 5 but after years of neglecting it, it kind of dropped to like Level 3 or 4...#ashamed. Anyway, I'm working on French and Portuguese (Italian is already my go-to second language) so Chinese has to go~
nhya1998
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Sigh...I know Magdalene isn't the most popular college but I'm still waiting for a lifetime here...
EnglishMuffin_
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I think Trinity must be sending out interview offers early; I received mine on Friday afternoon.
ohdearstudying
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Just got an invite, I'm super scared though! How are you guys feeling about interviews? For people further away (say, 3 hours hours travel) are you planning on staying in Cambridge or going in the early morning?
If I am fortunate enough to get an interview I plan on staying the night before and the night after the interview.
ohdearstudying
Rep:
?
(Original post by EnglishMuffin_)
I think Trinity must be sending out interview offers early; I received mine on Friday afternoon.
Congratulations! Also, I think Trinity is alongside Downing as one of the most applied to colleges so I can imagine they have more to get through.
ohdearstudying
Rep:
?
(Original post by kartiksawhney)
One of them is an EU candidate, approx 75% of people get interviews and 90-100+ people apply to trinity for law every year. Don’t assume so soon 3 people don’t make up 75%
I second this, TSR is such a small sphere of applicants. I remember on the spreadsheet they had 50 recorded responses for invites to interview yet there were 96 invitations for Law alone, so I really wouldn't worry about what is happening. I say this as a fellow stressed applicant, it is not productive to anything.
nhya1998
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by ohdearstudying)
I second this, TSR is such a small sphere of applicants. I remember on the spreadsheet they had 50 recorded responses for invites to interview yet there were 96 invitations for Law alone, so I really wouldn't worry about what is happening. I say this as a fellow stressed applicant, it is not productive to anything.
I finally realised the ordeal won't go away by refreshing my emails every 5 minutes...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (5)
15.15%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (10)
30.3%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (18)
54.55%

Watched Threads