The Student Room Group

Broken foot/ankle

Should I stay home while my broken foot is mending. I was thinking for 3-4 weeks. I’m currently at home and will be here for 2 weeks while my foot gets better. I can’t really walk although I have crutches my campus is 10 mins away normally but is up hill and with the bad weather I don’t want to slip over. Most of my lectures are put online and I have asked my classmates to send me their notes. I’m worried about getting food as the shops are about 20 min walk normally but again with crutches it will take longer and I can’t carry anything. Don’t want to burden my flatmates and feel very stressed about it all. HELP
Yes you should rest for as long as possible. About your flatmates, if you ask them to do a couple things i’m sure they’ll be fine with it cause they should understand that because of your broken foot you can’t move around much like normal. Be safe x
Reply 2
Original post by Charlotteh4
Yes you should rest for as long as possible. About your flatmates, if you ask them to do a couple things i’m sure they’ll be fine with it cause they should understand that because of your broken foot you can’t move around much like normal. Be safe x

Thanks for the advice. My flatmates are great but I just feel bad, I live on the middle floor and the stairs are terrible to get up and down. And it’s sort of hard to rest at uni as there is always some event happening and pre drinks are hosted in my flat every week so I feel like I’m missing out.
Original post by Miranda21
I’m worried about getting food as the shops are about 20 min walk normally but again with crutches it will take longer and I can’t carry anything. Don’t want to burden my flatmates and feel very stressed about it all. HELP

Why not get a online grocery delivery if you can't get to the shops and you don't want to burden your flatmates?

Quick Reply

Latest