I find currently fashionable clothing too tight Watch

RJDG14
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
The majority of currently fashionable clothing worn by most young people at the moment just looks kind of stupid to me - I find the dull colours boring and also find that shirts and trousers are on average too tight to the point that I feel like I'm suffocating wearing them (and I'm not particularly overweight either, though I'm tall and broad). I want to know where the best places are to find looser clothing that is of the same kind of fit to clothing from the 1990s and 2000s, which I find far more comfortable to wear. American brands/measurements also seem to fit me better than British and European clothing on average.

Personally I quite like casual early-mid 2000s fashion, such as generous fit t-shirts, button-down dress or camp shirts with pockets, straight or slight-boot cut stonewashed blue jeans, polo shirts and rugby shirts but rarely seem to be able to find exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for, at least in British stores. Most people my age seem to shop in places such as Topshop or from online fashion stores, which are probably the last places to have the kind of stuff I want to wear.
Last edited by RJDG14; 1 week ago
Sataris
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm in that weird position where I need slim fit shirts but even "slim" trousers feel uncomfortably tight
RJDG14
Rep:
?
Aren't slim fit clothes supposed to be tight?
lightlyblue
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RJDG14)
Aren't slim fit clothes supposed to be tight?
https://i.postimg.cc/J0NcQPkg/DSC-0718.jpg
RJDG14
Rep:
?
Anyway, this is kind of how I prefer to dress. I agree that I do need to lose maybe a stone or two (as well as growing my hair back), but even then I'll still prefer loose clothes over tight ones.Name:  70AB24F6-E2E8-4AF6-ACDD-5DBCDD127FE9.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  88.2 KB
csmlady
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
aren't you the person with that messy room tights kink or something? nice try, troll.
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A classic combo; light grey pencil skirt and brown wooden clogs.
Sammylou40
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Whatever the style, they will be too tight if you don’t buy the right size
You may think you’re a size but you probably need a bigger one
AtheClassicMan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wear what you want mate, life isn’t some big fashion show nobody really cares about your clothes unless it’s outrageous or a truly 10/10 outfit.

Also: loose fitting, oversized and baggy clothes have made a comeback recently so it’s not all skin tight leggings/jeans- Don’t look at Love Island or Essex lads for fashion tips.
RJDG14
Rep:
?
(Original post by AtheClassicMan)
Wear what you want mate, life isn’t some big fashion show nobody really cares about your clothes unless it’s outrageous or a truly 10/10 outfit.

Also: loose fitting, oversized and baggy clothes have made a comeback recently so it’s not all skin tight leggings/jeans- Don’t look at Love Island or Essex lads for fashion tips.
Most of the guys at my college either dress tightly like Essex boys or in a chavish way, though.
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The types of clothes you are looking for are not that hard to find. Have a look in supermarkets and places like M&S.
RJDG14
Rep:
?
It's a pity that you can't find them that easily at the moment in Topshop or H&M.
OR321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Try ASOS? They have separate categories for Tall/Plus size etc
RJDG14
Rep:
?
Maybe. I just find it depressing that I'm one of the only guys at my college that doesn't wear tight clothes, but I find tight clothes claustrophobic.

Interestingly I do see more people my age dressed the kind of way I dress when in Bath, which is only 35 miles from where I live... Do socioeconomics play a factor, or am I seeing American tourists or something?
Sammylou40
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RJDG14)
Maybe. I just find it depressing that I'm one of the only guys at my college that doesn't wear tight clothes, but I find tight clothes claustrophobic.

Interestingly I do see more people my age dressed the kind of way I dress when in Bath, which is only 35 miles from where I live... Do socioeconomics play a factor, or am I seeing American tourists or something?
There’s no right or wrong
And why do you want to look like a clone anyway?
You need to wear what you feel good in. If you feel good you will be more confident and that will come across
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (47)
66.2%
No (24)
33.8%

Watched Threads