Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Title
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Perhaps. Depression and other MH issues can be caused or worsened by pain and other physical symptoms.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pathway)
Perhaps. Even if you have a known cause it can still be worsened by MH issues. Why?
Just asking. I just keep thinking about my past, and bullying that occurred while we were at school. I went through 5 years of bullying and started showing signs of emotional dysregulation from the age of 14. I keep thinking about any mistakes I made while I was there. Obviously for sixth form I had to get out of there because I seriously didn’t like the pupils there and my bad reputation (students don’t like me but teachers do).

Sixth form was better, way better because I didn’t know anyone, bullying occurred but it didn’t affect me as it was outside lessons.
In the end my friends hated me due to my reaction to illness affecting my work and I don’t have any friends.

I am now on benefits (UC) and I am 18 and looking for a training scheme and online courses on computers to help me get a job. I have been declared LCW so I don’t need to actively look for a job. I have thought about secondary school for a long time and only ever got along with one person (that I know, there are people in my year group who I haven’t met or spoken to so I didn’t wrong them) who I still speak to today, and I have been told to move on and forgive myself for my past mistakes, (and I shouldn’t have been bullied in the first place) and for my sake but it’s hard. I am a target of bullying because I am smaller than average and seen as weak because I cried a lot at school.
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Just asking. I just keep thinking about my past, and bullying that occurred while we were at school. I went through 5 years of bullying and started showing signs of emotional dysregulation from the age of 14. I keep thinking about any mistakes I made while I was there. Obviously for sixth form I had to get out of there because I seriously didn’t like the pupils there and my bad reputation (students don’t like me but teachers do).

Sixth form was better, way better because I didn’t know anyone, bullying occurred but it didn’t affect me as it was outside lessons.
In the end my friends hated me due to my reaction to illness affecting my work and I don’t have any friends.

I am now on benefits (UC) and I am 18 and looking for a training scheme and online courses on computers to help me get a job. I have been declared LCW so I don’t need to actively look for a job. I have thought about secondary school for a long time and only ever got along with one person (that I know, there are people in my year group who I haven’t met or spoken to so I didn’t wrong them) who I still speak to today, and I have been told to move on and forgive myself for my past mistakes, (and I shouldn’t have been bullied in the first place) and for my sake but it’s hard. I am a target of bullying because I am smaller than average and seen as weak because I cried a lot at school.
Might be worth asking your GP about therapy for trauma?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pathway)
Might be worth asking your GP about therapy for trauma?
I have gone under camhs but it really didn’t help, they were just being judgemental and forcing me to eat, when that has nothing to do with it. I have a growth disorder so I am smaller than average and struggle to eat more than one meal a day.

I wish I went through severe memory loss where I just forgot everything that happened in the past at school/in education. It’s hard to forget right now.

I would say the only good thing in secondary school was the feeling of a boy having a crush on me, but even he didn’t like me in the end because of my strange outburst (and he doesn’t know what he did because I didn’t tell him, I just didn’t want to speak to him anymore because he always does something to annoy me one way or another and he does it as a joke but it hurts me) so we stopped talking as much while we were at school, but obviously it’s hard to get over a crush that easily and he did used to joke around sometimes outside Spanish when it was our final exams and he said “sit next to me” and then checked me out before the exam.
Kindred
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah it absolutely could. Pain and other physical symptoms can consume a lot of mental energy and be generally upsetting to deal with (especially if you don't know why it's happening). All that pressure on your brain to.pricess and keep up with it can ware you down and affect your mental health. It's really common for people with physical health conditions to have at least experienced mental health difficulties at some point in their life. Myself included.

It seems you may have meant more mental pain like bullying, trauma etc. Same applies there. It's exhausting, but also it creates negative thought patterns and a warped view of the world. So for instance if you've always been bullied for weight it could make you expeethat whenever anyone is looking at you they are judging you for your weight when maybe they are actually admiring your shirt. That's just one example and it can get a lot more complicated and also more.hidden than that, but I hope it makes sense of the general concept.

CBT can help with that cos it helps you to identify where those less than healthy thought processes and adress them to make them more healthy. Mental health support can be quite hjt and miss though. It's a reall personal thing so if you don't mesh well with the people doing it it can be quite useless or even just annoying. I've found some pee have pushed what they assumed was wrong rather than helping me to get to the bottom of things myself and find what the real issue was. Also I tend to find mental health and physical health often don't mesh well. People couldn't really cope with the affect my physical health had on thigns and would only focus on the mental health stuff (despite the fact it was often my physical health at the root of things). There were still thigns I found helpful within all of it, but sometimes one type of therapy or one person just won't work well for you and that's okay. It's worth trying again to see if another will.
Last edited by Kindred; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (189)
19.13%
Labour (424)
42.91%
Liberal Democrats (191)
19.33%
Green Party (53)
5.36%
Brexit Party (26)
2.63%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.4%
SNP (12)
1.21%
Plaid Cymru (10)
1.01%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.1%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.2%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (2)