Results!!! Watch

lambzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
just wondering how everyone did in there results!

Question for steeps : did you have to do thoselogs for that old women thats from canada or america that teaches history and theroy that i have forgotten her name....?? we was told they didn't count for anything so ofcourse no one really did them but the boffins and i know me and keyte aka pitofgold have to be reassessed because of it. didn't know if you had this in the first year or not?
rach [shikari]
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey, I got DDM in Media as far as Im aware and shall therefore be off to Lincoln in Sepember
kev32
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Get mine tomorrow! I've passed all my coursework pieces with a 2.2 or higher so it's up to the 2 exams I did whether I fail or not I guess :3
kev32
Report 10 years ago
Pazzed :> Surprisingly passed both exams seeing as how I went to gatecrasher festival till the day before the first one.
Steeps
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's going to be a long post from me as there's a story to it, also need to ask you some questions too. will get round to it sometime in the weekend

Btw she's german
lambzy
Rep:
?
multinational two faced *****... god shes annouying...
hoonosewot
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I know about 4 people that just finished 2nd year architecture and they've all gotta be reassessed because of that reflective log thing.
Thing is surely its not something you can "retake" as it were, so what do they do?
Im assumin they will just have to forget about it cos they can't force 90% of the people on the course to redo a year.
djhworld
Report 10 years ago
Graduated with first class honours.

Cheers.
lambzy
Rep:
?
well you'd say that, but there making us all do a assignment, they have given us two on the portal but as yet we have no idea which one to do.... there good like that!
Steeps
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ok, quick post to summarise what happened to me.

In my first year (year 1) History+Theory (H+T) was done by the first year team (andy, carlos, pam, chris, geoff for the modern stuff, then the asian postgrad dude, think it was maurish or something similar, useless with names) but because the postgrad dude was just droning, no one really learned anything from it, no essay workshops, no midterm exams, no reports on slides, nothing. All we had to do was submit an essay and the rest of the grade was worked from the modern living exhibition. No idea what the hell happened but due to personal circumstances of flatmates and other friends I ended up failing the essay, ballsing up the rest of the work, but when I got my results I'd passed H+T somehow with a passmark.

Roll on retake year 1, but as I'd passed H+T I didn't have to do it again, this time the german woman with an american accent was in charge. Again the modern living expo had to be done, including reports, an essay, all notes submitted from all H+T lectures and 2 exams in the lecture theatre, luckily I'd already got my pass so I didn't submit any of it. The workload for H+T has increased a lot compared to when I did it first time round.

With the other lecturers you can generally get away with things, but these guys seem to be doing it by the book. I'm on my year out now but I still have to redo all of my second year work due to them losing my portfolio, so including essay, the lot. Luckily I have a parttimers pack which has all the info I need to start working on.

The question I wanted to ask was about when you worked in practice before going to lincoln, as I have the year off I was wondering how easy it was for you to get into practice? I'm not looking at anywhere big just something local that I can do part time so I can learn whilst studying in my own time. If I went in with my first/second year work portfolio (a selection of) would they be interested even though I know sodall about building regs? Just after a general idea really.
lambzy
Rep:
?
we have the boring manish guy too, i remember when he was trying to teach us about indian architecture and all that... i was able to listen for about 2 mins before my mind went to think about what i would be dreaming off if i was still in bed, only reason i switched off is because he has this trick of going into one tone of voice while he reads the stuff off of the computer... its like one of those annouying buzzes you somethimes get that no one else can hear...

With the experiance i got mine form when i did work experiance when i was 15 and i managed to get in there till i went to university. if i was you i would email the architectural and architectural technologists offices in your area and tell them that your on a year out and looking for abit of experiance, list some of the things that you have done at uni and include a few images if you have any. just to show them that you can actually design something. With respects to building regulations they are always changing as well so i wouldn't worry if you don't know them, if you tell them your a student and that you are looking to learn but also help out it shouldn't be a problem, when i started when i was 15 i was doing basic inputs of house's which can be very boring be gives you the basic imformation on what to look out for and how to tell how things are constructed, after a while of that you may get on to schemes and then from there on to working drawings, but if its just for a year i'd be suprised if they get you on to working drawings unless your really good at auto cad at the minuite.

The only thing that is against you is the fact that we are coming into a resession... as you may have heard alot of companies and making alot of people redundant, persimmon homes for one made 40% of there company redundant the other week. getting a job in architecture at the moment i think will be very hard as there is less work for architects and in return students. I came back for a full time job over the 3 months but sadly im now on 2 days a week as i got through alot of the work so quickly. (different company, i know the owners from where i use to work and i don't think they new how good i had got before uni) although i said go for your local companies go for the larger ones that maybe further to travel not really sure where you live, but the bigger companies are more likely to have jobs running and it should be less of a problem to get some experiance there.
Steeps
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah I know all about the recession, last year I worked for a surveyors office where we completed as-built drawings for housing estate sewage systems. Our biggest clients were people like persimmon, barrat, twigden etc. They didn't have the work for me so I've had to start temping again and I'm sick of warehouse work on such a crap wage.
cherrybella1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I absolutely whooped my courses ass, was 3% off a 1st and I passed my dreaded economics unit! Pretty pleased considering I based my decision to attend lectures/seminars on what the weather was like and whether or not laguna beach was on!
lambzy
Rep:
?
lol spoken like a true student
cherrybella1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I dont intend to be like this next year.. but Im sure the pull of laguna beach and the simple life will prove too much for my willpower to handle!
lambzy
Rep:
?
whats laguna beach by the way?
cherrybella1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
google it, its a like a reality version of the OC
lambzy
Rep:
?
burgh, rather not lol
TheGreatest21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Passed 2nd Year with a 2:1. Happy days. Bring on 3rd Year.
noggin667
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Passed my 1st year with a 2:1
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 5 Jul '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.73%
No - but I will (104)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (648)
47.75%

Watched Threads