House party - said some things I shouldn't... Watch

keekee107
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I've been sat up - on/off, all night thinking about this and really need some advice over what to do.

Basically, my best friend introduced me to a guy (25 and just come out of a long term relationship with a girl I know after being cheated on) on Friday. He's a nice guy and we did get along very well so he asked me for my number and asked me out on a date - which surprised me... oh and basically begged me to go to his house party that my best friend was going to anyway. Confused by it all (and I suppose kinda interested), I agreed.

Couldn't really be bothered going to the house party last night, but I got persuaded to go in the end by my friend - who didn't want to go alone (even though she's moving in with him in September) and by this guy who was obviously desperate for me to go and said he'd pick me up outside my house after the start of the party. At the party he was quite possessive of me - which kind of freaked me out - kept putting his arms around me and kissing my shoulders and stuff; which I let him having had a drink and just being unsure of what I wanted. Obviously he didn't want me to particularly talk to his mates (called them players etc) which, to be honest, was quite annoying for me because I'm so used to being free to do what I want. I'm really not the settling down type.

Anyway, he took me to the side and his mum came in and mentioned some birthday party for a baby that he asked whether I would accompany him to. Not knowing what to say, I just said yes. And then he's like: 'what are you doing tomorrow?' I tried to make up some excuse but again he's going out of his way to meet me - even suggesting he'll meet my sister with me!

On the sweet side, my friend decided to ditch me and stay at the party (she copped off with one of his mates), and he got his dad to drive me home - which he accompanied me in and opened all the doors etc. I mean, he is incredibly sweet and I genuinely think he really likes me (hasn't properly gotten over his ex though) but I have a bad history with relationships and, to be honest, he's starting to really get on my nerves. He texts me all the time which is just getting on my nerves. Won't drop the meeting up thing and seems to be totally invading my space - which is strange for a guy I've known for 2 days!

So what do I do? I really don't want to hurt him - but I fear that's probably got to be inevitable... HELP! x
Y'anami!
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't mean to sound rude but it kind of sounds like he's using you as a rebound.. you should be careful, and I think it's good that you aren't all over him so you don't fall it. But then I think you should tell him that you guys should "take it slow", even if you don't have too many feelings for him, atleast it wont hurt him but it'll let him know, right?
WelshBluebird
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If your not interested, just say so.
Your gonna hurt him more by leading him on.

If your are interested, be careful yes, but don't automatically assume he's using you as a rebound.
SmilerNuts
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Tell him to back off a bit until you're sure how you feel. He's being way too clingy, especially considering you just met.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads