procrastination affecting my uni work need advice Watch

room1408
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey everyone, so im now in year 2 in my uni doing my bachelor of Laws (llb) after repeating the first year due to a failed module. However, due t a personal family problem i have been having procrastination which leads me not to concentrate on my work and lectures. I have essays coming up from January and exams on summer, i have not been really studying. My law modules are : criminal, media, equity and trusts, land law. I really need any advice and/or guide on how to get on and study them. That is why i also repeated the first year due to procrastination. They do record lecture, and the workshops i attend are useless. I dont really want to fail this year, i hope someone can understand me as i have not been concentrating on lecture and i avoided a lecture one time. English is also my second language so this might affect me.Any help or guide would be appreciated cheers.
J Papi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Cold Turkey blocker + study in the library, alone
University of East Anglia
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by room1408)
Hey everyone, so im now in year 2 in my uni doing my bachelor of Laws (llb) after repeating the first year due to a failed module. However, due t a personal family problem i have been having procrastination which leads me not to concentrate on my work and lectures. I have essays coming up from January and exams on summer, i have not been really studying. My law modules are : criminal, media, equity and trusts, land law. I really need any advice and/or guide on how to get on and study them. That is why i also repeated the first year due to procrastination. They do record lecture, and the workshops i attend are useless. I dont really want to fail this year, i hope someone can understand me as i have not been concentrating on lecture and i avoided a lecture one time. English is also my second language so this might affect me.Any help or guide would be appreciated cheers.
Hi room1408,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with concentration. Lots of people struggle with procrastination so you are definitely not alone!

However, you also mentioned that you have a personal family problem which may be affecting your concentration. Have you recorded this as an extenuating circumstance with your university’s support service, provided they have one? This is certainly worth doing if possible, as whoever assesses your work will be made aware of the fact that it may be affected by circumstances outside of your control, and mark with this in mind.

If you have any further questions, feel free to message us!

Emilie – Official UEA TSR Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 15 Nov '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (113)
64.94%
No (61)
35.06%

Watched Threads