Second degree funding (Pre-Registration Diagnostic Radiography MSc)

Watch
lydiaravenscroft
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I have received full funding from student finance (both tuition fee and maintanance loans and also grants) for an undergraduate degree (BSc Psychology with additional foundation year) and a masters degree (MSc Brain Imaging and Cognitive Neuroscience). I have now decided to continue my imaging interest and train to become a radiographer.

I was previously advised I could get funding for a second undergraduate degree in 2020 (University of Leeds, BSc Diagnostic Radiography and University of Liverpool, BSc Diagnostic Radiography), regardless of my foundation year and masters level study.

I then came across a course at the University of Derby (Diagnostic Radiography (Pre-Registration) MSc) and tried to check eligibility to obtain student finance in 2020. Although it is a masters level course, it is stated on Derby's website:
"This course is eligible for funding via the Student Loans Company under the same terms and conditions as undergraduate tuition fee and maintenance loans."

I called to see if I would be eligible to receive funding for this degree and was told no.

I basically want to check that I am not able to receive funding for this course at Derby, and if not re-confirm that I am able to receive funding for the undergraduate level BSc course.

Thank you!
Lydia
SFE Dean
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lydiaravenscroft)
Hi,

I have received full funding from student finance (both tuition fee and maintanance loans and also grants) for an undergraduate degree (BSc Psychology with additional foundation year) and a masters degree (MSc Brain Imaging and Cognitive Neuroscience). I have now decided to continue my imaging interest and train to become a radiographer.

I was previously advised I could get funding for a second undergraduate degree in 2020 (University of Leeds, BSc Diagnostic Radiography and University of Liverpool, BSc Diagnostic Radiography), regardless of my foundation year and masters level study.

I then came across a course at the University of Derby (Diagnostic Radiography (Pre-Registration) MSc) and tried to check eligibility to obtain student finance in 2020. Although it is a masters level course, it is stated on Derby's website:
"This course is eligible for funding via the Student Loans Company under the same terms and conditions as undergraduate tuition fee and maintenance loans."

I called to see if I would be eligible to receive funding for this degree and was told no.

I basically want to check that I am not able to receive funding for this course at Derby, and if not re-confirm that I am able to receive funding for the undergraduate level BSc course.

Thank you!
Lydia
Hello,

Yes we treat both named undergraduate and postgraduate healthcare courses as exception courses and disregard previous study.

As long as you're not already registered as a radiographer and it's a pre-registration course, you'll be able to apply for the full package of support. The course at Derby shows on our database as a 2 year full time postgraduate healthcare course (pre-registration).

Even though it's a master's, you'd still apply for full time undergraduate funding online.

This is subject to meeting our other standard eligibility criteria here - http://ow.ly/6s7l30omvck

Warm Regards, Dean.
liaw
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, does this funding also apply to the MSc Paramedic Science (pre-registration) as the University of Huddersfield? Also, why does this type of funding NOT apply to MSc Physician associate studies even though this is a postgraduate healthcare course? As the masters loan only covers half of the tuition fee not to mention any money to live off in order to survive....
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by liaw)
Hi, does this funding also apply to the MSc Paramedic Science (pre-registration) as the University of Huddersfield? Also, why does this type of funding NOT apply to MSc Physician associate studies even though this is a postgraduate healthcare course? As the masters loan only covers half of the tuition fee not to mention any money to live off in order to survive....
Hi, these courses you mentioned are not postgraduate healthcare courses.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (498)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (619)
41.66%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (301)
20.26%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed