The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA Creative Writing Masters

Hello,

I'm thinking about doing a Masters in Creative Writing Prose at UEA. Please could anyone who is in the process of applying, or anyone who has completed this course perhaps let me know a few tips? It would be great to know about finances and that sort of thing too...hopefully I've not left it too late to apply?

Thanks very much :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,

I'm thinking about doing a Masters in Creative Writing Prose at UEA. Please could anyone who is in the process of applying, or anyone who has completed this course perhaps let me know a few tips? It would be great to know about finances and that sort of thing too...hopefully I've not left it too late to apply?

Thanks very much :smile:

Hi there,

It's great to hear you are interested in our MA Creative Writing Prose Fiction course at UEA. First of all, you have not left it too late to apply. The closing date for receipt of completed applications (including all documentation and references) is 1 May 2020. However, the course may become full before the closing date and so candidates are advised to apply as early as possible.

In regards to finances, we estimate living expenses at £1,015 per month. Tuition fees for the academic year 2020/21 are £7,850 for UK/EU students and £16,400 for International students. Is there anything, in particular, you wanted advice on when it comes to finances? I'm a current MA student so happy to share my experience and tips!

In terms of advice on applying, our Course Convenors would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about applying. You can request to contact them via our School of Literature, Drama, and Creative Writing by email at [email protected].

I hope this helps! Do let me know if you have any questions at all :h:

Laura - Official UEA TSR Rep
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by University of East Anglia
X

Hello! I was just wondering if there was a timeframe we're likely to hear back in about our Creative Writing MA applications. Is it a certain number of weeks after our complete application is accepted, or are the applications held and released together with the other candidates?
Original post by octo
Hello! I was just wondering if there was a timeframe we're likely to hear back in about our Creative Writing MA applications. Is it a certain number of weeks after our complete application is accepted, or are the applications held and released together with the other candidates?

Sorry for the late reply @octo! The University aims to respond to all applications no more than 14 working days after receipt of the completed application, but this can vary depending on a number of factors and is a target, not a definitive timeframe.

Laura - Official UEA TSR Rep
hello I was wondering if anyone could offer some preparation tips for the UEA interview for creative writing if possible?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending