Best gift you've received! Watch

thegoodkind
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Right, it's one of my best friends 18th's next week, and me and the other girls do not have a clue what to get her!

So I was wondering what the best gift you've ever gotten was & why?

Oh, and any suggestions about what to get my friend would be awesome as well
jermaindefoe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ps3 from gf :d
Y'anami!
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If she's going to uni, (and even if she's not actually) you should get her something that she can use. Those are always the best, because it shows you're paying attention to what goes on in her life.

For example, 2 of my friends decorated an umbrella for me because they knew I was going to England for uni :P And my other friend got me a palm-size multi-track recorder so I can keep on writing music at uni :]
princess_sue
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The best gift I have ever gotten are my pieces of jewellery off my parents...however I dont think you have a few thousand to blow on your friend.

Get her something useful but that she will treasure....some framed pictures of you all, nice handbag filled up with goodies.
Audrey Hepburn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
For my 18th from a mate - a framed autographed photograph of Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant :love: It was just the most perfect present that anyone could have got me - my two favourite actors in one picture, and it showed that my mate really cared and knew me

Just look for something related to what your friend really likes, you know her better than we do
sugar_and_spice
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by thegoodkind)
Right, it's one of my best friends 18th's next week, and me and the other girls do not have a clue what to get her!

So I was wondering what the best gift you've ever gotten was & why?

Oh, and any suggestions about what to get my friend would be awesome as well
One of the best gifts I have given was a big photo album that I personalized with tonnes of pictures and quotes for my friend who was moving away. It didn't cost much, just a lot of effort!
milliondollarcorpse
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hazzypants
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How about a caracature? My girlfriend sent a pic of us off to a caracture she knew through a friend, and he drew us. She told them it was a gift so didn't make facial feature look to emphasizied / unflattering! but anyways, it was a great gift, for my 16th, very memorable, sentimental, funny, and it has a true likeness of us both.
thegoodkind
(Original post by sugar_and_spice)
One of the best gifts I have given was a big photo album that I personalized with tonnes of pictures and quotes for my friend who was moving away. It didn't cost much, just a lot of effort!
That sounds really nice!
Deffo liking that idea, although we'd have quite a bit of money left over...
thegoodkind
(Original post by milliondollarcorpse)
Considering it!
LilLizzieLee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
mine was a giant cuddly pink elephant.

oh yea. my friends love me.
Psyk
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got a DS for my 18th. Perfect gift because it wasn't something I was immediately planning on buying, but it's got a lot of use other the last 3 years.
nothingspek
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got my Bon Jovi obsessed friend, tickets to see them at the Ricoh Arena :yeah:
randomgirl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmm, in childhood probably my first bicycle
In recent years, probably my old laptop.
prettyblueeyes
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A dog for my 6th birthday and my teeth whitened for my 17th are the first which spring to mind.
Howells
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by milliondollarcorpse)
Someone bought you a child?!
x-pixie-lottie-x
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
something with photos is always loved, something u can look back on....

my best presents = my car, ok i didnt want it but i love it now
my ipod alarm dock... soooooooooooo useful

the best present iv ever seen tho (not one of my own) but it was a big picture frame with the word "Friends" cut out then theyd put a picture of our group of friends between each letter... it was so nice
x x x
Demoskratos7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A 'glow jar', by one of my university friends. It looks like an everyday jam jar, but it glows in the dark when the lights are turned off. Cool as.
groovychez89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by x-pixie-lottie-x)
something with photos is always loved, something u can look back on....

my best presents = my car, ok i didnt want it but i love it now
my ipod alarm dock... soooooooooooo useful

the best present iv ever seen tho (not one of my own) but it was a big picture frame with the word "Friends" cut out then theyd put a picture of our group of friends between each letter... it was so nice
x x x
i was going to say that! we made our mate a memory book for his 18th with like a guide to being 18 with loads of funny pictures of him whenhe was a baby and the last few years. He absolutely loved it.. and its more personal. And they can keep it forever!
Annaconda
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
a didderydoo (sp) and blow up 10 pin bowling!
not my best gift but the most memorable.

SOmethng really personal would be nice, it soesnt have to cost a lot.

(Original post by Audrey Hepburn)
For my 18th from a mate - a framed autographed photograph of Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant :love: It was just the most perfect present that anyone could have got me - my two favourite actors in one picture, and it showed that my mate really cared and knew me

Just look for something related to what your friend really likes, you know her better than we do
:eek: !!!!!!!!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (378)
37.35%
No - but I will (77)
7.61%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.02%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (486)
48.02%

Watched Threads