New Haircut Watch

Danielle89
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Helloooo

Im thinking of getting my hair cut in September/late august for going back to uni. I've got some pictures I'll post up, I don't want to go with a fringe cos I had one before and didn't like the amount of upkeep that came with it. Side-partings are out cos honest to god, my hair has been in a middle parting so long that it is incredibly difficult for it to come out of it.

I'm wanting to go quite short, but not sure how short would suit me. The first pic below shows the length I reckon it'll be when I go get it cut - good condition but far too long for keeping tidy and fresh. The second picture shows how it was last time I got it cut - but I felt it grew so fast that it felt too normal after a while.

I want to get layers put in, short choppy ones, and have maybe the longest layer coming to rest just on my shoulders, maybe slightly shorter?

Opinions are welcome, and the pictures are below

http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o...Shotedited.jpg

http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o...shotedited.jpg
~darliahhhh~
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
I think long definantly suits you more when its down but I can also see it looking nice short when up too, as I think it would look nice up and short - so either way its a winner
Malinski
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think a fringe would look really suit your face, have yoy ever had one?
Danielle89
Rep:
?
I like having long hair but I find it gets straggly quicker when it's long which is a pain... and much sweatier and more mingin on a night out.
I had a fringe at one point but didn't like it to be honest, it didn't sit well either, got a cow's lick at the front
~darliahhhh~
Report 10 years ago
Well then I say short and funky!
MiDGE '08
Report 10 years ago
i'm 16 and i've never cut my hair. it's just past my knees. i'd go short and sweet. it wont get in the way, it'll look good and it's one less thing to worry about when you're getting ready for a night out. xx
Malinski
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh well i would've thought it would look really good on you, but i guess you'd know best! Maybe you could get layers?! Have you got any sort of image or idea that you'd like to try out? I personally prefer short hair, even though i've got longish hair, but i think you could do both looks really well! Oh and i must say you've got gorgeous hair
Danielle89
Rep:
?
Thanks malinski - blame it on the expensive shampoo I buy lol, it's my one indulgence Well, I say one...
I just want to get it cut in a way so that when I go back to uni people will comment on how nice and different it looks - new year, new start sort of thing. Even when I got it cut to the length it is in the first picture, nothing was really said, so that's why I was thinking of going slightly shorter, plus it seems like less upkeep, though surprisingly my hair straightens very easily. I spend no more than 10 minutes straightening it
~darliahhhh~
Report 10 years ago
Is your hair normally short?

If so I'd say go for long if you want people to see a difference and say something about it!

But if not then stay short as it looks funky short!
Danielle89
Rep:
?
my hair was long for a long time, up until January, when I got it cut to the length of the first photo. Think it'll be ok going a wee bit shorter again this time, so it frames my face more?
~darliahhhh~
Report 10 years ago
Yeah that would look nice too!

I would like put my hand through my hair if it ws short just to have it look like it has layers and it won't be flat and as your hair looks really nice and soft it would just make it look extra special if you know what I mean Instead of it just being flat?
Malinski
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm pretty bad at giving advice on hair styles (as im sure you've realise :p: ) but i'd say the hair cut like katie holmes below would look really good, since you've got smiliar kinda hair, and your length is the same, but the problem would be, that you couldn't really have that look everyday, but you'd definitely get noticed, because its a little bit different. If not maybe you could ask at the hairdressers for their opinions or have a look around in magzines for different styles that you might like.

http://www.beautyriot.com/stuff/imag...-121503-lo.jpg

Hope i've helped you in some way (which i very much doubt!!) and wish you all the best with your hair!
Danielle89
Rep:
?
Yeah, I loved when I first got it cut to picture 1 length - felt really strangely short, shorter than it was, but got used to it pretty quickly. Much lower maintenance as well, takes forever to dry hair when it's longer!

Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to post pictures when I finally get it done - it's my treat for if I make it back into uni after my resit lol
~darliahhhh~
Report 10 years ago
Well good luck with your hair and good luck with your resit!

And yes a girl should always treat themselvs
Danielle89
Rep:
?
I know this is an old thread and I may get in trouble for bumping it up so much, but Malinski messaged me enquiring about whether I'd got it done and I did:

I really like it

And in case anyone was wondering, I passed the resit But that's just me taking a chance to gloat

Oh, and Im the one with the dark hair lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (561)
37.68%
No - but I will (116)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (106)
7.12%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (706)
47.41%

Watched Threads