The Student Room Group

Girls, would this upset you?

If you were sick in public after a night out, and your boyfriend found it funny and commented about it on a Facebook feed (with friends) would you be upset? Is that immature?
I mean it would annoy me a bit.
Original post by Anonymous
If you were sick in public after a night out, and your boyfriend found it funny and commented about it on a Facebook feed (with friends) would you be upset? Is that immature?

Isn't it equally immature to drink so much that you vomit in public?
You don't really have a right to be all upset and righteous about it. If you've got yourself into such a drunk state that you're vomiting in public, you've sort of lost the right to be indignant. Of course people will laugh at you, because you've embarrassed yourself.
I'm not a woman, but I do think that's immature for anyone to make fun of.
Original post by ageshallnot
Isn't it equally immature to drink so much that you vomit in public?

Original post by Reality Check
You don't really have a right to be all upset and righteous about it. If you've got yourself into such a drunk state that you're vomiting in public, you've sort of lost the right to be indignant. Of course people will laugh at you, because you've embarrassed yourself.

Why do I think that it's only us who shall be on the same page here?

EDIT: I toyed with 'we' here, instead of 'us'. I didn't much like it.
(edited 4 years ago)
It's disrespectful behaviour from your boyfriend. A guy who really likes a woman would never disrespect her in anyway like that.

But I think what's far more important than being upset is realising that your boyfriend clearly sounds like an immature low value doouse. Are you 16 -18? if so maybe that explains why you don't see the obvious etc, if your in your 20's surely you must be looking for a true man by now? And not someone worthless like that.

Catch yourself on.

It’s immature, I’ll be a bit annoyed but not upset
Original post by Reality Check
Why do I think that it's only us who shall be on the same page here?

EDIT: I toyed with 'we' here, instead of 'us'. I didn't much like it.

I agree that 'we' would have sounded wrong. Unless the OP additionally wet herself, of course...
Original post by ageshallnot
I agree that 'we' would have sounded wrong. Unless the OP additionally wet herself, of course...

:lol: It puts me in mind of explaining to some of our friends in France how certain 'young ladies and gentlemen' behave on nights out in the UK. They just look blankly at us, like they actually can't begin to conceive of such a thing... Mind you, I've seen some less than gracious behaviour in Paris, so it's probably not just a UK problem.

I would be upset because it would betray the intimacy and trust that I would expect from a relationship.
Your boyfriend is allowed to have his own opinion, often people will not view things the same way that you do, however him posting it on social media is immature because it shows a lack of empathy and understanding of the situation. I only say that it is immature because in my experience those with less knowledge and understanding don't realize the impact of their actions.
As he is your boyfriend he didn't intentionally do it to cause harm and to make you feel uncomfortable / embarrassed, he probably just misread the situation.
It does sound pretty funny.

Thta would piss me off quite a bit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending