Painful brogues! Watch

honey_monster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi all, I bought some black patent heeled brogues from New Look a while ago as I love them, they didn't hurt in the shop, but once I wear them for more than half an hour or walk for more than 5 minutes they really pinch around the toes!
This is really strange for me, as I have size 4, ridiculously thin feet! They're only 2in high and the heels don't hurt, it's just around the toes
Just wondering is there any way to sort of 'stretch' them so they're not so painful? I tried 'squishing' them a bit and wandering around the house in them but it hasn't really made much difference..
I really wanna be able to wear these shoes
Pics http://i26.tinypic.com/ic6xp3.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/2zowunk.jpg
Thanks x
evil groove
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sounds like you need a 4 1/2 :dontknow:
Noémie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
sigh, this is what buying shoes without a fitter does to feet
honey_monster
Rep:
?
(Original post by evil groove)
Sounds like you need a 4 1/2 :dontknow:
You're probably right I tried a 5 in the shop, but it was literally falling off me and I thought they'd stretch a bit once I'd worn them around the house..
beccadimambro
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If they're from New Look, then I doubt they're leather. So they're unlikely to stretch or give, I'm afraid!!
Tufts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Can't you stuff them (with paper, tissue, etc) and leave them for a week?
GemmyMonster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Noémie)
sigh, this is what buying shoes without a fitter does to feet
Hmm I disagree. Whenever I've had my feet measured (from cheap shops, to clarks, good high street ones, wherever) they always measure me at say a 4, when I actually need a 6 :dontknow:

Can you take them back and get a similar pair?
honey_monster
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tufts)
Can't you stuff them (with paper, tissue, etc) and leave them for a week?
I like this idea! Has anyone tried it?
Can you tell I'm not really a heels girl? haha
princess_sue
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I stretch my shoes with a potato!! weird I know but it works....just wrap it in clip film to avoid and potato bits in your shoes.

p.s they are really nice by the way and you dont need a fitter to get the right shoes!
honey_monster
Rep:
?
(Original post by GemmyMonster)
Hmm I disagree. Whenever I've had my feet measured (from cheap shops, to clarks, good high street ones, wherever) they always measure me at say a 4, when I actually need a 6 :dontknow:

Can you take them back and get a similar pair?
Nah, I bought them a few months ago.. I was just hoping to break them in lol Plus I really like them
honey_monster
Rep:
?
(Original post by princess_sue)
I stretch my shoes with a potato!! weird I know but it works....just wrap it in clip film to avoid and potato bits in your shoes.

p.s they are really nice by the way and you dont need a fitter to get the right shoes!
How does this work lol? Do you stuff it with loads of potatoes or wear them with them in? :eek:
Thank you
jessyfantastic90
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i got those shoes!
Smoobla
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You should have paid £5 more and bought the ones that were very similar, only in leather. I have those and they are fine. You can't really expect New Look shoes to be comfortable though, they're cheap and nasty!
FadedJade
  • CV Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have exactly those same shoes and the same problem! They absolutely kill my feet. which means i can never wear the damn things.
Smoobla
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mine are very comfortable as New Look shoes go. Girls, you should have gone for the leather ones!
honey_monster
Rep:
?
Are they the pointy ones? I was thinking about those, but I think they make my feet look big
I disagree, New Look shoes are usually really comfy for me.. however I don't really wear heels unless i'm going out.. lol
honey_monster
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nina)
I have exactly those same shoes and the same problem! They absolutely kill my feet. which means i can never wear the damn things.
:eek: Thank you! I know someone at college who has them and they don't seem to have this problem :rolleyes:
It's such a shame as I adore them! I've taken to wearing flats to walk to college in then swapping when I get inside
FadedJade
  • CV Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh sorry just realised yours are the patent leather ones, mine are the ordinary leather ones - still the same problem!!
Smoobla
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Nina)
Oh sorry just realised yours are the patent leather ones, mine are the ordinary leather ones - still the same problem!!
Oh noes! I have the same as you, mine are fine!
BeetleBum
Report 10 years ago
Wear them with thick socks when you are around the house. It really does help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (411)
37.81%
No - but I will (83)
7.64%
No - I don't want to (75)
6.9%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (518)
47.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise