how to dump my boyfriend Watch

MiDGE '08
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
i've been really close to this guy for years, and we gave it a shot last year and we got so far together and then couldnt see our relationship futhering anymore, so we broke up. a few months after the break up we started seeing each other around at other friends' parties and we've been amazing mates since. a couple of weeks ago he kissed me and then suggested that we make a go of it. i said no because i was (and still am) really into another guy, and i told him this. he told me he really loved me and that he wanted me to try it with him. i thought, why not, if it doesnt work, it doesnt work, he knows i'm not totally hung up on him. it's been two weeks today and i'm really not feeling it. i still like this other guy and i dont want to have to worry about having this boyfriend who i'm not sure about. i need to dump him. but as i said, we're really good mates, he really wants this to happen, and i dont want to hurt him but i cant carry on faking it. how should i dump him?

MiDGE '08 xx
suek
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just tell him you feel the same as when you told him - you're really into this other guy, and you think you two are best off as really good friends.

The sooner the better - the hurt will be less.

He's been a bit of an idiot still wanting to get together with you knowing all this IMO, he must know he was going to get hurt
MiDGE '08
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
thank you.
the only issue is he's in london for the next week, do i phone him? do i wait til he's back?
username199676
Report 10 years ago
you need to tell him staight you may not want to hurt his feelings , but stringing him along is going to make it worse trust me! He may love you very much but the fact that he knows your not that into it keeps him coming back for more and this obviously has been going on for a long time and what started off as wanting you has now turned into purely wanting you because he cant have you (not properly anyway), he knows deep down what the situation but it sounds like he doesnt want to address it. If your not into it your not into it life is too short to piss around and maybe you should think about what you want not about everyone else, surely he doesnt want to be with you when your not totally committed to it, if he does it's because hes not desperate but so blinded by what he thinks will happen or work out, when actually its not going to!! All you need to do is tel him look i know you care about me very much but i dont have those type of feelings for you especially when im mixed up over another person!just say you dont feel comfortable but you would still love to be friends but if it's not good for him maybe time spent apart between you would be the best option
missygeorgia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just tell him the truth, and make sure he knows that nothing will happen in the future. Also I wouldn't emphasise the fact that you prefer someone else, that must sting.
Tom4510
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Change your facebook profile to 'single'.

That'll do the trick.
Archangel's Kiss
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just tell him the honest truth! There is no better way than that, since both friendships and relationships are built on trust and the truth.. You're not feeling it then you're not!
New Username
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just tell him what u just told us. If he is really your friend, he will understand.
Antonia87
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This is why the whole "exes being friends" thing is a problem. Even if one person no longer has those kind of feelings, the other party usually does. You're just going to have to be very kind and fair and say its just not working for you. He's going to be upset whichever way you dump him but maybe try to keep your distance from him a little - try not to be so best-matey with him, otherwise he wont be able to move on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.66%
No - but I will (103)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (637)
47.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed