Phoebe Buffet
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I'm planing on applying to Leiden uni in the NL.The application fee is a 100 euros and I don't want to be spending so much if the uni environment and student life isn't so good.
Please let me know anything you know about Leiden uni in the Netherlands.
AHoek10
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Phoebe Buffet)
I'm planing on applying to Leiden uni in the NL.The application fee is a 100 euros and I don't want to be spending so much if the uni environment and student life isn't so good.
Please let me know anything you know about Leiden uni in the Netherlands.
I don’t go to Leiden but I went to their open day recently and I was really impressed. The the buildings were either really modern or old and beautiful. The students were extremely nice and there were a lot of international students, especially from London and the UK. The city itself is really nice, it’s kind of like Cambridge in the sense that the city has a lot going on but it still feels very small and just a really nice place to live in. Definitely will be applying.

(I know €100 application fee isn’t very nice but if you do go, it’s going to be €2000 for EU nationals compares to £9000 in the U.K.. And I think living costs generally are less than in the UK, so at the end of your course, you’ll be in less debt, even with the application fee)
Phoebe Buffet
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by AHoek10)
I don’t go to Leiden but I went to their open day recently and I was really impressed. The the buildings were either really modern or old and beautiful. The students were extremely nice and there were a lot of international students, especially from London and the UK. The city itself is really nice, it’s kind of like Cambridge in the sense that the city has a lot going on but it still feels very small and just a really nice place to live in. Definitely will be applying.

(I know €100 application fee isn’t very nice but if you do go, it’s going to be €2000 for EU nationals compares to £9000 in the U.K.. And I think living costs generally are less than in the UK, so at the end of your course, you’ll be in less debt, even with the application fee)
Thank you so much for your reply. I know the NL is very cheap compared to the UK!
I'll apply
I visited Groningen, Tillburg and Maastricht during summer so do let me know if you need any info about these unies if you haven't visited them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (206)
60.59%
No (72)
21.18%
Not sure (62)
18.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed