GUYS ive got a question for u

Watch
yurgirln33s
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
why the hell does appearance matter??
(thats wht allot of u are implying here, on tsr)
username2998742
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It doesn't
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It doesn't make a lot of difference.
Truflais
Badges: 20
Report 1 year ago
Well. Would you want to be in a relationship or be intimate with someone who you didn't find attractive? I wouldn't. So in that sense it does matter.

For friends etc though? Of course appearance doesn't matter.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by yurgirln33s)

because everyone wants to date someone they find attractive.
username3942526
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i dont care too much cause if the personality is bad then bye
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends. What for? long-term relationship? not important. ONSs or young people 'relationships'? supremely important.
robthefool
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Appearance matters - I think anybody who says otherwise is lying to themselves.

However appearance is only part of the equation and for example I could be attracted to pretty much anybody if their personality was also attractive. There has to be some level of mutual attraction, but I would take a ‘less pretty’ person any day over an Instagram model with no personality and annoying traits
Truflais
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
It depends. What for? long-term relationship? not important. ONSs or young people 'relationships'? supremely important.
But you need to find someone attractive to consider a long term relationship surely?
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Precious Illusions)
But you need to find someone attractive to consider a long term relationship surely?
True but OP mentioned appearance which is only a small part of attraction so I don't regard it as important. At least not as important as advertised, a lot of people look good enough to me :dontknow:.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The answer is simple: appearance is one factor we use in order to decide whether to date someone or not. I bet appearance matters to you as well! Otherwise you would say that you find every type of appearance to be ok.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's a case of minimum standards. I don't see why I, nor any other reasonable package as a person, should put up with someone they don't find physically attractive when they can have someone pretty or handsome without too much difficulty.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
It's a case of minimum standards. I don't see why I, nor any other reasonable package as a person, should put up with someone they don't find physically attractive when they can have someone pretty or handsome without too much difficulty.
Ah... but an ugly person cannot. You forgot to factor that into the equation. Naturally... ugly people have difficulty finding mates so we don't produce yet... more ugly people, sorry!
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Vinny C)
Ah... but an ugly person cannot. You forgot to factor that into the equation. Naturally... ugly people have difficulty finding mates so we don't produce yet... more ugly people, sorry!
Less good looking people can be "reasonable packages".

And, as the Jeremy Kyle show illustrated, less good looking people that are relatively poor packages are still able to find partners..
Last edited by Dunnig Kruger; 1 year ago
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Vinny C)
You did not define what an ugly person is because it is a subjective opinion obviously and if a person believes that they are "ugly" then they need to confront the issues they have about their body image!What i may think is ugly :" fake eyelashes, fake eyebrows, skinny legs, size 8 etc etc. you might think is quite attractive
No, "ugly" parents don't automatically produce "ugly" children.lol.
yurgirln33s
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
tbh. for me personally tho if u have a bomb personality then other factors dont really matter, cause a good personality dictates all of the other factors.
Greywolf.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ANM775)
because everyone wants to date someone they find attractive.
Simple biology
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
I think of it like this:
Good looks get you through the door, personality keeps you in the room.

and I’m sorry but anyone who says looks don’t matter at all is blatantly lying.
Greywolf.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
tbh. for me personally tho if u have a bomb personality then other factors dont really matter, cause a good personality dictates all of the other factors.
Well you must be very popular then
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mgi)
You did not define what an ugly person is because it is a subjective opinion obviously and if a person believes that they are "ugly" then they need to confront the issues they have about their body image!What i may think is ugly :" fake eyelashes, fake eyebrows, skinny legs, size 8 etc etc. you might think is quite attractive
No, "ugly" parents don't automatically produce "ugly" children.lol.
Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder but we all have the same stereotypical image of what it should look like. We choose mates who have the traits we admire as we hope to pass such qualities onto our children.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (58)
28.57%
No - I have already returned home (24)
11.82%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (46)
22.66%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (21)
10.34%
No - I live at home during term anyway (54)
26.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed