Tiffany jewellery Watch

polka_dott
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Has anyone bought Tiffany from Ebay and it was actually authentic? I was thinking of buying a necklace on there but I'm aware that many are fake.
beccadimambro
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I haven't, but I have bought quite a lot of jewellery from eBay - almost always bad quality. I'd advise against it.
Mikimoto
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Can't you complain to ebay and get your money back if the item is fake?
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by beccadimambro)
I haven't, but I have bought quite a lot of jewellery from eBay - almost always bad quality. I'd advise against it.
I sadly agree.

There are some items that you just cant buy on eBay
polka_dott
Rep:
?
Some people do offer full refunds and returns-but you can never be sure they'd give your money back I guess...it's just tempting cos they're quite cheap - a necklace went for like £120 when its like £250 on the website.
death.drop
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by polka_dott)
Some people do offer full refunds and returns-but you can never be sure they'd give your money back I guess...it's just tempting cos they're quite cheap - a necklace went for like £120 when its like £250 on the website.
if its fake you claim through the ebay or paypal things. the seller can't refuse to take it back if it's not what it was advertised as, it's illegal.
ravenous_soup_dragon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've bought jewellery on ebay in the past that claims to be Tiffany but was always clearly fake. The best copy was of the 'Bean' necklace but then my boyfriend bought me a real one for my 19th birthday and I could tell that one was fake all along too

You can usually get a good idea if something is real if it's either been worn a couple of times, or if the seller doesn't have heaps of Tiffany items and claims to have bought the object as a gift. Obviously a receipt is a really good indicator, as is the bidding getting nearer to real Tiffany prices.

However, I read somewhere that Tiffany have really cracked down on ebay counterfeits but I can't find the article atm (it might be in with one about Louis Vuitton and the recent damages.) It would explain why I can't buy any more bean earrings after I lost my last ones - I just want fake ones because I always lose earrings!
dancingqueen
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My ex bought a real one from ebay (it was one of those ebay shops though). He took it to Tiffany to check lol. They probably didn't like that very much...
Annie72
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I bought a Tiffany bracelet from Ebay a couple of years ago and I"ve always presumed its real.....after reading this thread I"m not so sure anyone know how I could tell if its real or not?.It came with a Tiffany bag, box and a little bag to keep it in.It has the hallmark 925 which I know means its silver but other than that I am clueless.Its the double heart bracelet BTW.
polka_dott
Rep:
?
You could take it to a good jewellers, they should be able to tell if its real or not.
xxbutterbeanxx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Most stuff is fake, I bought some Tiffanys jewellery from ebay and I could tell it was fake, but it was quite pretty so I kept it and it tarnished quite quickly and wasn't very good quality. I would be very wary of any ebayers that are trying to sell new 'Tiffanys' jewellery for half the price of the real stuff. Even if it does come with bags and pouches etc, people do sell their genuine Tiffanys bags and pouches on ebay which people buy so they can put up fake Tiffanys jewellery as seemingly aunthentic just because it has the bags and stuff.
Some of the jewellery will be real, but those items are likely to be priced closely to authentic Tiffanys jewellery otherwise people would make huge losses (unless the item is second hand). You can take it to a jeweller's as Polka_dott said who could probably verify its authenticity, but if you want quality, go for the real thing. I bought a Links of London sweetie bracelet from ebay which was fake so I told the seller I wanted a refund which he gave me, however, not all sellers will do this and a lot of people selling fake stuff set up numerous accounts and close accounts after selling fake stuff so beware!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.76%
No - but I will (98)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (607)
47.65%

Watched Threads