Passport for driving liscence.. Watch

hazzypants
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I'm 17 in September so i'm applying for my provisional now, as i want a lesson on my birthday

BUT.. In the form it says you can just include the number from your electronic passport. The problem is that my signature on my passport is one that I never use. I signed like that once when I was 12 or soemthing (the passport is to expire in 2009) and I have used a different signature ever since. Does this matter?

Does it matter that the signature in passport does not correlate with the one i sign on my licence form?

If not can i just apply with my birth certificate and national insurance...? I'm jsut worried that it won;t work, they will send the form back and then re-charge the £50 or something....
hazzypants
Rep:
?
theflyingpig
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I seem to remember (if you fill out a paper form like me) that there's a box for your signature. Just use your new signature and when you renew your passport (I think you have to renew it every 10 years or so) just use your new signature on that as well.
bubblewit
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
If i remember correctly, you dont have to use your passport you can send in your birth certificate.

Don't you have the little booklet that comes with the form that answers these questions?
The Stig
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It doesn't matter. My signature on my passport looks nothing like my current one. You sign your D1 Provisional form anyway.
Bavarian Motor Works
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
oh my
hazzypants
Rep:
?
mr_cool
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No it doesn't. You don't actually have to send them your passport anyway. Whats a "driving liscence" anyway?
x-pixie-lottie-x
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
if u dont use ur passport
u use birth certificate n have to have a photo signed by a professional like u would if applying for a passport x
LearningMath
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just sent off for my provisional, signatures do not matter at all, hardly any store is put by them these days.

However, i have just been categorically told by 3 seperate Post Office workers that a passport is essential, and no other proof of identity is accepted My dad got told the same when he went to renew his. Goodluck.

EDIT: The photo doesnt have to be done professionally though, it has to be good resolution and correct size though, something like 4.5cm height, and about 3cm width i think...
dimexi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No it doesn't matter, as the passport is only used as a form of ID.. As someone said, you sign the D1 anyway
hazzypants
Rep:
?
(Original post by mr_cool)
No it doesn't. You don't actually have to send them your passport anyway. Whats a "driving liscence" anyway?
Thank you.

Also, if you read my thread properly, then you would realise that I already knew I didn't have to send my passport off, just the number, but thank you for repeating that.

Furthermore, there's no need for your smart-arseyness. Obviously that's just a typing error, and you know what I'm talking about.

I could easily say to you, what does 'whats' mean? Because it's meant to be 'what's' or if you are unable to use apostrophes, 'what is'

Rant over.
hazzypants
Rep:
?
(Original post by dimexi)
No it doesn't matter, as the passport is only used as a form of ID.. As someone said, you sign the D1 anyway

Okay then, cheers, eevryone
LearningMath
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hazzypants)
Thank you.

Also, if you read my thread properly, then you would realise that I already knew I didn't have to send my passport off, just the number, but thank you for repeating that.

Furthermore, there's no need for your smart-arseyness. Obviously that's just a typing error, and you know what I'm talking about.

I could easily say to you, what does 'whats' mean? Because it's meant to be 'what's' or if you are unable to use apostrophes, 'what is'

Rant over.
Owned.
hazzypants
Rep:
?
(Original post by LearningMath)
Owned.
lol, I just hate it when people are picky.

et cheers, i hate having to pay for those machines, i might just use photo shop for my photo
LearningMath
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by dimexi)
Mmmm... well we got turned away twice because i didnt have my passport with me. The whole thing was actualy a complete pain, had to keep making trips to the cash point across the street because of all the little extra charges like the checking service.
Spotty Dog
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I sent my passport off and they still got my name wrong.

Random, I know. XD

(Now they won't let me change it.)
mr_cool
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hazzypants)
lol, I just hate it when people are picky.

et cheers, i hate having to pay for those machines, i might just use photo shop for my photo
I wasn't been 'picky' I was just answering your question, and pointing out a spelling mistake in the title....
hazzypants
Rep:
?
(Original post by mr_cool)
I wasn't been 'picky' I was just answering your question, and pointing out a spelling mistake in the title....
Then why didn't you just point it out instead of saying it in such an untactful fashion. You blatantly knew what it meant, despite this you still asked 'what does this mean anyway', just say, 'btw you spelt it wrong' if you really have to.

There's no need point out spelling mistakes anyway, especially in forums like this... it was just me typing fast; it's petty, and PICKY.

I hope me highlighting 'whats' instead of 'what's' in your post, illustrates how unnecessary and silly it was of you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (312)
37.68%
No - but I will (64)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
47.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed