The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography Applicants - 2020

Please join if you're applying to study Diagnostic Radiography next year, and let people know where you're applying and how the application is going.

I've done an Access to HE course and will be applying to Suffolk, Derby, Birmingham and Hertfordshire as a mature student. I've seen posts from previous years showing that interviews start before Christmas and decisions can be quite quick so i'd hoped to apply as soon as applications opened, but I had to wait until I had done my placement day as it took longer than I thought to sort. Has anyone applied and heard back already?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LJ3
Please join if you're applying to study Diagnostic Radiography next year, and let people know where you're applying and how the application is going.

I've done an Access to HE course and will be applying to Suffolk, Derby, Birmingham and Hertfordshire as a mature student. I've seen posts from previous years showing that interviews start before Christmas and decisions can be quite quick so i'd hoped to apply as soon as applications opened, but I had to wait until I had done my placement day as it took longer than I thought to sort. Has anyone applied and heard back already?

Thanks for picking Herts as one of your options! I beleive offers are slowly beginning to be made at Hertfordshire (subject to interview results), however they tend to start slowly and pick up more after the UCAS deadline, so don't be worried if you haven't received an offer just yet! You're right in that most interviews will be taking place after Christmas too :smile:

Let me know if you have any questions about Herts! :biggrin:
Original post by LJ3

Hi, Im applying to study Diagnostic Radiography for next year. Im applying to: Hertfordshire, City university London, Birmingham, Derby and Leeds
Reply 3
Mature Student here too! 😁

Already competed one degree but finally decided office work isn't for me and put the motions in place to pursue the dream!

Currently completing the healthcare pathway with Cardiff University. I've applied for Bangor, Cardiff, UWE and Exeter.

Because I've already had one degree funded I'm hoping to stay in Wales and use the NHS bursary. Living in Cardiff I'd like to study here. So far had acknowledgments from Cardiff, Bangor and UWE 😁
Reply 4
Original post by SamScar
Mature Student here too! 😁

Already competed one degree but finally decided office work isn't for me and put the motions in place to pursue the dream!

Currently completing the healthcare pathway with Cardiff University. I've applied for Bangor, Cardiff, UWE and Exeter.

Because I've already had one degree funded I'm hoping to stay in Wales and use the NHS bursary. Living in Cardiff I'd like to study here. So far had acknowledgments from Cardiff, Bangor and UWE 😁

That's great! I've already done another degree too, and I reached the same point with office work. Pretty scary to make such a change, but i'm looking forward to it :smile:

I'm still waiting for my reference to be finished and am getting quite impatient, so hopefully it will be done soon and i'll start hearing back from my choices. Do you mind telling me when your application was submitted?
Reply 5
Original post by aizamasood2
Hi, Im applying to study Diagnostic Radiography for next year. Im applying to: Hertfordshire, City university London, Birmingham, Derby and Leeds

Quite a few of the same choices :smile: Good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by LJ3
That's great! I've already done another degree too, and I reached the same point with office work. Pretty scary to make such a change, but i'm looking forward to it :smile:

I'm still waiting for my reference to be finished and am getting quite impatient, so hopefully it will be done soon and i'll start hearing back from my choices. Do you mind telling me when your application was submitted?

I submitted mine roughly a week ago, I'll be honest I'm not fussed on the English Unis so haven't paid much attention to them, I've only put them down so I can get some interview experience if they interview before the Welsh ones 😁
Hi!I applied last week to UWE, Exeter, Herts, Keele and Portsmouth- I havnt recieved any offers yet for interviews or anything but hopefully I’ll hear soon 🤞🏻
Reply 8
Original post by Pippa_ajd
Hi!I applied last week to UWE, Exeter, Herts, Keele and Portsmouth- I havnt recieved any offers yet for interviews or anything but hopefully I’ll hear soon 🤞🏻

I've had an interview offer from UWE and Bangor so far, had an email from Exeter admissions regarding the pathway I'm on so at least it's not a rejection lol, just waiting on Cardiff as that's where I really want to go 😁
Hi everyone, another mature student here! Im applying for uwe and Portsmouth. I am limited on my options due to lack of unis offering diagnostic radiography within a communtable distance. They are offering this as a brand new course for 2020 at Aecc in Bournemouth, but I am unsure whether to apply, it has not yet received validation from SCoR. Anybody else applying there?
Original post by SamScar
I've had an interview offer from UWE and Bangor so far, had an email from Exeter admissions regarding the pathway I'm on so at least it's not a rejection lol, just waiting on Cardiff as that's where I really want to go 😁

I’ve got interviews from all except Exeter so far,, I have the acknowledgment from Exeter as well so that’s not a rejection 😂😂 Exeter’s my top choice by only a little so I’m really waiting on them , but I don’t know of anyone that has an interview from them yet.
Original post by SamScar

What are the interviews like ??
Reply 12
Hi! I'm a mature student (already have a BSc and MSc :colondollar:) applying to Bangor, Cardiff, Birmingham City, Liverpool and Salford :smile: Has anyone heard back from any of these yet / any advice? :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by samiha1206
What are the interviews like ??

Haven't had them yet. First one is UWE on the 4th December, it's a standard interview with a written assessment. Bangor I believe is a standard interview.

Cardiff is Multiple Mini Interviews
Original post by lau4711
Hi! I'm a mature student (already have a BSc and MSc :colondollar:) applying to Bangor, Cardiff, Birmingham City, Liverpool and Salford :smile: Has anyone heard back from any of these yet / any advice? :biggrin:

I've heard from Bangor, still waiting on Cardiff 😁
Reply 14
I’ve got interviews from all except Exeter so far,, I have the acknowledgment from Exeter as well so that’s not a rejection 😂😂 Exeter’s my top choice by only a little so I’m really waiting on them , but I don’t know of anyone that has an interview from them yet.

Big congrats! I'm sure you'll smash them! 😁
Original post by SamScar
Big congrats! I'm sure you'll smash them! 😁

Got an interview for Exeter (in January) last night 🎉😁
Reply 16
Got an interview for Exeter (in January) last night 🎉😁

Congratulations!
Original post by lau4711

I sent my UCAS off to Salford and Liverpool last month. I have my interview for Salford next Thursday at 9am (that’s their first batch of interviews). Heard nothing from Liverpool yet but my tutor said they’re notoriously slow. Mature student here and also worked as a radiology assistant for the last 4 years 🤞🏻
Reply 18
Original post by stepheds
I sent my UCAS off to Salford and Liverpool last month. I have my interview for Salford next Thursday at 9am (that’s their first batch of interviews). Heard nothing from Liverpool yet but my tutor said they’re notoriously slow. Mature student here and also worked as a radiology assistant for the last 4 years 🤞🏻

Original post by stepheds

I just sent my UCAS application off this week, how long did it take for Salford to get back to you? I really hope i get an interview for them since its like my first choice. Good luck with your interview and do let us know how it goes!
Original post by anikaxs
I just sent my UCAS application off this week, how long did it take for Salford to get back to you? I really hope i get an interview for them since its like my first choice. Good luck with your interview and do let us know how it goes!

I went to their open day on 19th Oct after submitting my UCAS on 14th Oct. The admissions tutor said she wasn’t looking at applications until the 21st Oct and that when I got my invitation to interview. She did say the first interview days were end of November and then they’d also be holding some in December and January.
Good luck with your application. My nerves are starting to kick in now.

Quick Reply