I might have a problem.... Watch

Geo18
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I got my Ib results back today.

I technically did not miss my offer: 39 points 7 comp sci. 6 math (both HL)

I got 42, 6 comp sci. and 7 math HL.

OK, maybe i did miss my offer.

ANYWAY,
1) should I write an email? and
2)what should I write?

Thanks.
Chemical_Scum
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Geo18)

ANYWAY,
2)what should I write?

Thanks.
Youre in as strong a position as you could be after missing the offer. just give them a full breakdown of your results with the whole "getting an offer from Imperial was a dream come true" thing and comment on how you deeply regret that you missed your offer but feel that your strong maths score etc shows you dont lack the potential to make the very most of a place at Imperial and sincerely hope the admissions officer can appreciate the nature of your results (i.e that they show good mathematical skills but perhaps you spent a disproportionate amount of time revising maths or something). thats basically what i would write. good luck.
Geo18
Sounds good.
Thanks for the reply.
Greatleysteg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by solo2wolf)
Youre in as strong a position as you could be after missing the offer. just give them a full breakdown of your results with the whole "getting an offer from Imperial was a dream come true" thing and comment on how you deeply regret that you missed your offer but feel that your strong maths score etc shows you dont lack the potential to make the very most of a place at Imperial and sincerely hope the admissions officer can appreciate the nature of your results (i.e that they show good mathematical skills but perhaps you spent a disproportionate amount of time revising maths or something). thats basically what i would write. good luck.
This is really good advice, OP should follow it to the letter.

Commiserations but congratulations on your results, OP, 42 is excellent! Good luck with your appeal.
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Grovel.

Let us know how it goes
fonzievision
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just call them Monday. Forget writing. It's ever so much easier speaking to someone in charge directly.
fusionskd
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Geo18)

ANYWAY,
2)what should I write?

Thanks.
Congrats on your results by the way. Yeh just do what solo2wolf said and you should be fine. Use your good results ie your maths and your points and use them to cover your 6 in comp sci. Will they decide on your offer now or will you get known after everyone has their results ie 14th august? Let us know how it goes Good luck
HCD
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fusionskd)
Congrats on your results by the way. Yeh just do what solo2wolf said and you should be fine. Use your good results ie your maths and your points and use them to cover your 6 in comp sci. Will they decide on your offer now or will you get known after everyone has their results ie 14th august? Let us know how it goes Good luck
They make all decisions when all results are out. The OP will be in limbo until then, but it doesn't hurt to make an early appeal.
fusionskd
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by HCD)
They make all decisions when all results are out. The OP will be in limbo until then, but it doesn't hurt to make an early appeal.
Yeh true. What situation would you rather be in...the one you are now where you have to find whether you've been accepted and your results on the same day, or to find your results way before so you can prepare yourself with an appeal and also prepare yourself emotionally if you do (god forbid) get rejected? [when I say you, I say it in general :p: ]
Geo18
I just got an email back.
Basically their waiting for 14th of August, or somthing like that.
Maybe I should have added I am up for entry in 2009 due to a governemnt enforced
gap year. So I actually do not have that much competition for 2009 entry.

Anyway, thanks for the help. I'm fairly confident I'll make it with my grades.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Jun '19
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.82%
No - but I will (46)
6.76%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.5%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (319)
46.91%

Watched Threads