Going On Holiday!! Watch

beccadimambro
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Going on holiday with my friends soon, and I'd love a few suggestions for books. Obviously, as I'm away with them, I don't intend on getting much reading done, but I think I'll be glad for the distraction on some lazy afternoons, sunning myself by the pool.

I'm looking for something that will captivate me, is quite girly (it's a holiday - I'm allowed!), with decent writing. Something quite frivolous and compelling like the Time-Traveller's Wife, or We Need to Talk About Kevin (I read her latest book last year on holiday).

Normally I only read classic books, or books that come with very high literary merit (yawn), so I want something that's still a good book, as well as being a good holiday read. Any suggestions? Thankyou!
Luxe
Report 10 years ago
When I was on a sunny vacation I read this really funny easy going book called "Bergdorf Blondes" by Plum Sykes (who wrote for Vogue).

Sophia Kinsella books are also good summer reads if you want the "not too much thinking type but still fun" book.
~miffy~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The House at Riverton by Kate Morton is a great summer read, i thoroughly enjoyed it, its one of my favourite books along with the time traveller's wife :^_^: Liars and Saints by Maile Meloy is a very good read as well
Mikimoto
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I second The House of Riverton entirely - although it makes me cry way too much, I don't know if I could read it again.

I really enjoyed the Spoils of Time trilogy by Penny Vincenzi, starting with No Angel. Some of Wendy Holden's stuff is great too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (249)
38.97%
No - but I will (44)
6.89%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.36%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (299)
46.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed