The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No that wouldn't put me off at all. Actually, if i met a guy with a womans name i might start to ask some questions...
No, I can see how it could be a bit weird, but it shouldn't get in the way of a (potential) relationship.
Yes it would actually.
If a girl was called Jason i'd be very upset. Maybe point her in the direction of some legal advice.
Reply 5
It would I guess..but only cos Charis (silent h damnit) is a strange name for a man :/ If i had a more unisex name, I doubt it would be a big issue
Reply 6
no girl would have my first name, maybe as her last name though, but that wouldnt put me off,

"were breaking up"
"why"
"cause you have the same name as me and it was mine first"
"oh"
If a boy was called Rebecca then I'd be worried. If he had my surname then we'd probably be related so both are a no no :smile:
Reply 8
Sick Puppy
If a boy was called Rebecca then I'd be worried. If he had my surname then we'd probably be related so both are a no no :smile:

Ditto
Reply 9
If a bloke had my name, it would be unfortunate for him.

However, if he looked like Paul Humphreys from OMD, it would all be okay and I'd still shag him.
Reply 10
Sick Puppy

Ah, one of my friends went out with a girl with the same surname as him. Hilarity, of course, ensued.
Reply 11
I don't think the masculine version of my name is particularly similar to it, so I wouldn't mind. There's also a bit of novelty value with matching names. Plus, I wouldn't have to remember his name.

I wouldn't mind if we had the same surname because my surname is about the 7th most common name in the country. :p:
Reply 12
ha ha !

its just there are a fair few unisex names out there and i was wondering if you would find it weird if you were attracted to someone with the same name

got to admit it would be a conversation starter!
Reply 13
I'm sure I'd cope . . .
Han and Dan are similar, but fortunately very few people call me Han.
x
I had a girl called Emma ask me out once... not why I turned her down though.

It would be odd, but I'd cope. Might end up beings called the Emmas though, or something annoying...

I do know a Paul and a Pauline, and an Alana and Alan.

It amuses me. :smile:
don't think i have ever met a girl with my frist name. it is possibly to have my surname though. but if they did have my surname no it wouldn't put me off. my frist name yes it would
I'm Indian and my name IS unisex and yes I would fully be put-off by a girl with the same name as me as I find it to be more of a masculine name (Possibly because I'm subconsciously being biased because I have the name and I'm a male). But I haven't yet come across a girl with the same name, so all is good haha.
no guy would have my name, but might have my surname as a first name
L i b
Ah, one of my friends went out with a girl with the same surname as him. Hilarity, of course, ensued.

Ahhh good old incest jokes!
It wouldn't bother me, although I really doubt I'll meet anyone else with my name.

Latest

Trending

Trending