Will I lose weight if I eat the amount of calories I need a day but not eat fat foods Watch

cheesetop
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Basically I lost weight like a year or two ago by consuming less calories and I figured that as soon as I ate the amount my BMI needed including fat foods sometimes, I gained weight pretty quick. If I eat the same amount of calories I need a day without any fat foods does this mean I can lose weight and not gain it back. Please answer. And please dont say something like go to the gym as I'm 16 and dont have a part time job and cant afford one at the moment so until I get one which is really hard (I've applied to tons of places and been rejected) I wont be going to the gym. But yeah please answer and if you do thanks.
Pleasantly
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Simplest way to lose weight is to be in a caloric deficit. Eat less, whether that be less saturated fats (if you eat a lot of fast food etc.) or just in general if you consume a lot of food everyday.
PollyParrot23
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
In theory, what you eat doesn't matter as long as you're in a calorie deficit. It's easier to lose weight by reducing high fat foods as they contain a lot of calories even in small amounts but as long as you're in that deficit it doesn't actually matter in terms of weight loss.

Your weight will change in response to how you eat and how much energy your body uses. Eat more than you burn, you'll gain. Eat less then you lose. Find a balance and your weight will maintain. The reason many people end up yo-yo dieting is because they lose weight on a diet but then resume their old eating habits so all the weight returns.

If you want to lose weight, make small changes to decrease calorie intake (don't starve yourself) and increase activity (go for walks/runs, do workouts at home). Depending on your current weight, aim to lose a pound a week (slightly more if you're overweight, and if you're not that heavy then loss rate may be slower). When you've reached a weight you're happy with, add an extra couple of hundred calories a day and you should be at maintenance levels.

You can always gain back weight you've lost just as you can lose weight you've gained so you need to make lifestyle changes rather than use temporary measures
MathTeacher95
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
What those guys said....

To lose weight you'll need to be in a calorie deficit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (242)
66.3%
No (123)
33.7%

Watched Threads