Geography or Chemistry for A Levels

Watch
jilldavies
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I'm currently stuck on my a level choices and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what to take.
I am taking physics, maths and media and I would like to take either chemistry or geography as a 4th, im not too worried about the level of difficulty as chemistry is currently my best subject and I'm getting too score in geography as well. I know I should be basing my a levels to do with uni or the career path I would like to take however I'm not too sure what I would like to do in the future.

I enjoy both the subjects although geography has been a constant favourite I have recently been enjoying the lessons in chemistry more so I'm not sure what I should do.

Any help would be appreciated thanks!
radiantrubyx
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
To do chemistry at A-Level you have to enjoy it. I am in my 1st year of A-Levels and currently studying Chemistry along with two other subjects and let me tell you, if you don't keep up with the subject or take an active interest in it you wont enjoy it! You stated you are taking maths which is great if you're studying chemistry a a-level so I reckon this will help you if you choose to study it. Nonetheless it is difficult, especially if you're studying it as a fourth a-level. I'd say go for the subject which you favour more as you're more likely to enjoy the course
jilldavies
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by radiantrubyx)
To do chemistry at A-Level you have to enjoy it. I am in my 1st year of A-Levels and currently studying Chemistry along with two other subjects and let me tell you, if you don't keep up with the subject or take an active interest in it you wont enjoy it! You stated you are taking maths which is great if you're studying chemistry a a-level so I reckon this will help you if you choose to study it. Nonetheless it is difficult, especially if you're studying it as a fourth a-level. I'd say go for the subject which you favour more as you're more likely to enjoy the course
Thanks for the advice!! 😃
radiantrubyx
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by jilldavies)
Thanks for the advice!! 😃
No problem
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.87%
I'm not sure (32)
4.67%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.24%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.34%
I'm not a current university student (328)
47.88%

Watched Threads