The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

On a slightly different tangent, my partner's name always seems to confuse people.

"First name?"
"Keith."
"Second name?"
"Martin."
"So Martin's your surname?"
"Yes."
"And Keith's your first name?"
"... Yes."
Reply 61
My name is Sarah, but the guy in Dominos puts Sahra every time, it's really not that hard!
Reply 62
people seem to like to call me nicola instead of nicole and im always getting it spelt nichole

and dont even get me started on my last name i get bored of spelling it out to people or correcting them
Reply 63
lol only morons spell/pronounce Ali wrong.

But i do have to spell out and pronounce my surname lol :mad:
My name's Aaron.

No-one ever seems to be able to remember whether it's Aaron or Aran.

It's meant to be Aaron. But for some reason, it always ends up being Aran when someone says it.
Reply 65
My friends name was oukia pronounced waa-ki-yah

People used to call her Oo-ki-ah
She was never very pleased.
OFF TOPIC:

Bateman; That is my favourite scene (sig xD)
My first names Rhiannon, go figure.
A lot of people spell my name the "normal" way - so Mark.
Its got a C dammit!! M - A - R - C.
lol.
Constantly with my surname, and it annoys the hell out of me :mad:
When saying it people tend to make it more complicated than it actually is, just say it the way it looks goddamnit!!
And I've got in to the habit of just spelling my name if someone asks for it, cause no one can spell it first try..
Reply 70
I have a fairly unusual first name but 'martin' as a surname and, although i'm a girl, everyone always reads out 'Martin' on registers, and send me post with 'Martin' as my first name too :-(
Reply 71
Spotty Dog
On a slightly different tangent, my partner's name always seems to confuse people.

"First name?"
"Keith."
"Second name?"
"Martin."
"So Martin's your surname?"
"Yes."
"And Keith's your first name?"
"... Yes."

Lol it must be the surname Martin which is weird to people (see my post above)
Odd huh?!
Reply 72
*Lou*
Yes, I hate it !!! It's especially annoying at school, when we had to introduce ourselves for the first time and the professors/teachers are always like "Whaaatttt?" and I had to repeat it like 3 times.

Edit:

btw considering the fact how NOT confusing name is Laura I still get:
LauraH
Lavra
Lawra
Lauren (??)

I was about to say I doubt anyone could have a problem with my name but...

My last name is usually spelt wrong
'That's Hockey, like the game'
'....so H-O-K-E-Y?'

At the moment I'm at work under Hockley....
Reply 73
No-one (including my dad) ever spells my name right. My name is Sofie. I've had it spelt Sophie and Sofia. it's the same with my surname. I either have to spell it out, or tell people how it's pronounced. The fact that there are a million variations of it really doesn't help.

One company who I've been dealing with f the last 9 months, has only just strated spelling my names wrong. :rolleyes:
CONSTANTLY.
And computers won't allow it the way it is actually spelled. My surname starts with MAC and computers will only ever allow Mc...
Also.. why do people try to tell you that you're the one spelling your name wrong?
megan28

My friend Joanna hates it when people get her name wrong, she is always being called Joanna.

Your friend is called Joanna and she's always being called Joanna!? :eek:

My name's Holly Maria, and my dad's from Nazareth in Palestine, the same town as Jesus and Mary :rolleyes: So people call me Holy Mary. And I won't even begin on my last name!
Reply 76
Bubbles*de*Milo
sllslslslslslsll

Your friend is called Joanna and she's always being called Joanna!? :eek:

My name's Holly Maria, and my dad's from Nazareth in Palestine, the same town as Jesus and Mary :rolleyes: So people call me Holy Mary. And I won't even begin on my last name!

I'm not in a lets make sense mood this evening!
She is called Joanna, but people always call her Joanne.

Sorry about that.
And thanks for spotting my mistake.
Yeah, people are always pronouncing and spelling my surname wrong :mad:
Reply 78
Reilly is my surname....drives me insane when people spell it reiley, riley, rily, reiliy etc.

but then again theres loads of different spellings of it.
Reply 79
My surname's Willson, so I'm always having to say 'No, it's Willson with two 'l's...'... :frown:

Latest