The Student Room Group

Why is a level law not preferred for some university law courses

Why do universities not look highly on A Level law and why does the LSE have both Law and Business Studies on its list of 'non-preferred subjects’? I want to be a lawyer and I’m thinking of taking law but then it says that some unis don’t prefer it and I’m just wondering as to what the logic is behind this.
LSE has definitely got law on their preferred subject list. Not sure where you’re looking.

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Prospective-Students/How-to-Apply/Admissions-Information

Click subject combination
Last time I looked they were preferred.

A level is different from a degree. A level law is not available to all, so they tend to prefer facilitating hard academic subjects.
Oh my

Okay to every student out there, FOR LAW, A-LEVEL LAW IS A SUITABLE SUBJECT. It is not non-preferred because ‘they prefer you to come with a fresh mind’ or whatever. It is a fine subject. Every single law university accepts A-Level Law. I’m doing it and applied to Oxford and contacted Oxbridge before as a triple reassurance and both said they would definitely accept it.

I’m not saying this to you, it’s just so frustrating that people on here with no proof think they know better than university admission sites and say the subject isn’t good. It is.

/End of rant

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending