Writing... Watch

username130457
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hello!

Can someone please explain the following AO's on the Markscheme:

• Content is well judged, sustained and pretinent, engaging the reader's interest firmly

• The writing is well crafted in an appropriate form with a distinctive structural or stylistic features

• Paragraphs are effectively varied in length and structure to control detail and progression

• There is sophisticated organisation of detailed content within and between paragraphs

• A wide range of ambitious, appropriate vocabulary is used to create deliberate effect or convey precise meaning.

In a simpler way. Examples will also be nice .

Thanks .
Noémie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Content isn't boring.
Content is appropriate to audience.
Content is well paragraphed.
Content isn't messy and follows a logical order/isn't all over the place.
Content isn't written as "yeah but then and if it got stuff"

is my interpretation
username130457
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Anyone else ?
Gooner
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ramadulla)
Hello!

Can someone please explain the following AO's on the Markscheme:

• Content is well judged, sustained and pretinent, engaging the reader's interest firmly

• The writing is well crafted in an appropriate form with a distinctive structural or stylistic features

• Paragraphs are effectively varied in length and structure to control detail and progression

• There is sophisticated organisation of detailed content within and between paragraphs

• A wide range of ambitious, appropriate vocabulary is used to create deliberate effect or convey precise meaning.

In a simpler way. Examples will also be nice .

Thanks .
1)You have a firm knowledge of what/who you are writing for. You are convincing in what you are writing and have used sources (if appropriate) where necessary, and in a necessary form.
2)You show you have planned what you are going to write, and show knowledge of the genre of what you're writing for in terms of how you have structured your text.
3)You have a clear and competent understanding of how sentences are formed to engage the audience (i.e. you wouldn't write a book for children aged 4-5 with sentences which are three lines long, and with more complex punctuation)
4)You have set out what you have written in a clear manner, and you have a good knowledge of whatever you are talking about, with understanding of how to use paragraphs to encapsulate this information effectively.
5)Know who your audience is. Write in a way which is appropriate to the audience, and make sure you don't diverge away from your audience. Know how to control your language to express the point you are trying to with as much precision as possible.

Sadly, because I don't have any context to work on here (i.e. if you're a KS3, GCSE, AS, A2 English Language/Literature student) I can't really give you specific help. Sorry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (564)
37.65%
No - but I will (117)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (108)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (709)
47.33%

Watched Threads