The Student Room Group

New driver insurances

Hi everyone, for the last five days was trying to get best price for my Peugeot 1.6 diesel 13 plate, all of the prices was around 5000£ I’m 17y/o just passed my practical 5 days ago. Any advice how I could lower the price? Tried every single insurance company....
Reply 1
Original post by ShortNane
Hi everyone, for the last five days was trying to get best price for my Peugeot 1.6 diesel 13 plate, all of the prices was around 5000£ I’m 17y/o just passed my practical 5 days ago. Any advice how I could lower the price? Tried every single insurance company....

From personal experience, I used marmalade black box insurance as it’s a good rate in the first year and the price gets cheaper each year if you’re a good driver. Plus, as far as black boxes go, it’s super lenient! Only marks you down for excessive speeding and harsh braking which is hard to do unless you’re a major boy racer haha, hope this helped! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by beddoot
From personal experience, I used marmalade black box insurance as it’s a good rate in the first year and the price gets cheaper each year if you’re a good driver. Plus, as far as black boxes go, it’s super lenient! Only marks you down for excessive speeding and harsh braking which is hard to do unless you’re a major boy racer haha, hope this helped! :smile:

Have you used any additional drivers?
Reply 3
Have you used any additional drivers?

Having maybe ur mum or dad as a named driver, or even both, always reduces it, deffo recommend that
Reply 4

Pick a different car.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending