The Student Room Group

is it worth doing school leadership in year 10?

I signed up for school leadership, but now i'm not sure if it is even worth the trouble. should I bother, will it really help me with my personal if I do it in year 10?
Original post by FantasyAngel
I signed up for school leadership, but now i'm not sure if it is even worth the trouble. should I bother, will it really help me with my personal if I do it in year 10?

Honestly it depends on the role is and the amount of responsibility you'll be expected to do?
Personally, the only thing I mentioned on my personal statement that I didn't do in sixth form was my volunteering as I did it for a few years, so I reckon it's relatively unlikely you'll mention it? Similarly, I just realised while writing this that I did a leadership role in Y11 and completely forgot about it until now (I'm in Y13) oops, guess that shows how minor the experience was for me :')
If it's something you think you'll enjoy however defo go for it! I actually really enjoyed the role I did so even if it didn't help me, no regrets :smile:
Apologies the answer isn't more specific, kinda depends on what you plan on applying too (although its super early for you!) and what the role exactly is.
Good luck with whatever you choose!

Quick Reply

Latest