Eating out Watch

Tufts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Oh the drama of eating out!

Can someone please advise where is the best place to eat for the minimum of calories/fat possible?

I'm a fan of Wetherspoons but their menu is limited.

Please suggest venues and menus!
King Hippo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got a bit confused there when I saw that Tufts had started a thread called "Eating Out". I thought she'd become a lesbian. :p:
secretmessages
Report 10 years ago
I think it all depends on what you choose to eat, I don't know if there are many low-calorie restaurants out there. But I had a search and found this, I don't know if it's of any use to you, but it lists the different types of restaurants and the low calorie foods that they may offer. Sorry I couldn't help more
Tufts
Rep:
?
(Original post by secretmessages)
I think it all depends on what you choose to eat, I don't know if there are many low-calorie restaurants out there. But I had a search and found this, I don't know if it's of any use to you, but it lists the different types of restaurants and the low calorie foods that they may offer. Sorry I couldn't help more
That's actually a really good page Thank you.

Although I'm looking for high street branded venues.
Misogynist
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well, It won't be hard. Nothing starchy and carby. Pretty much anything else.
marshey
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think you might want to change the title of this thread...
Lady Venom
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Pizza Express.... you can have salad.
Ask... you can have salad

You should really be able to feel that you can eat normally though?

You shouldn't have to calorie count. I mean, if you are that worried don't eat out. I mean what's wrong with having a steak or pizza? Nandos is pretty healthy all round.
Tufts
Rep:
?
(Original post by Misogynist)
Well, It won't be hard. Nothing starchy and carby. Pretty much anything else.
Aye but you don't know what hidden crap they put in.

You should see the stats for a jacket potato at Spoons! :eek:
yesboss
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
eat out as much as possible
Attached files
Tufts
Rep:
?
(Original post by marshey)
I think you might want to change the title of this thread...
This is fitness not H&R.

Besides, I'm a rebel. Hardcore! :rolleyes:
Tufts
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lady Venom)
Pizza Express.... you can have salad.
Ask... you can have salad

You should really be able to feel that you can eat normally though?
On a diet - how?

The whole point of a diet is to eat for weight loss.
marshey
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
This is fitness not H&R.

Besides, I'm a rebel. Hardcore! :rolleyes:
Brilliant! Me too! Maybe we should meet up, but only after I've finished my homework ;D.
lolimemma
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well I was just looking at Wetherspoons website and it seems that they don't have much choice for low calorie/low fat diets! They do have a lot of nutritional info on their site though:

http://www.rfbrookes.co.uk/Web/FoodF...splay?OpenForm

I'd think that in most places the majority of food is high calorie/high fat but I guess you could try Italian restaurants (id imagine that there are a fair few low calorie/fat pasta dishes), Mexican restaurants maybe (although Im not sure on this one) or if you like Sushi then that contains low calorie and fat contents and there are quite a lot of sushi restaurants around nowadays.
FizzBitch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nandos is supposed to be quite healthy, doubt most of the things are low in calorie though, apart from the salad.
happydinosaur
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
That's actually a really good page Thank you.

Although I'm looking for high street branded venues.
High street branded venues...hmmm those and wide varieties of healthy low cal options don't go well together in my experience. Nando's for some fairly healthy chicken/salad/corn on the cob options, but limited to chicken obviously. Somewhere like Wagamama that offers noodles. All depends on where you live really as well. Bars with food menus normally will have something. Go a bit more upmarket and the options become better however the prices go up. I know really nice little independent bistros in my town that I go to for lunch with friends because places do good lunch time deals and the choice is good in terms of getting a meal slightly adjusted. Plus you know its cooked fresh with good ingredients which is important.
Tufts
Rep:
?
(Original post by happydinosaur)
High street branded venues...hmmm those and wide varieties of healthy low cal options don't go well together in my experience. Nando's for some fairly healthy chicken/salad/corn on the cob options, but limited to chicken obviously. Somewhere like Wagamama that offers noodles. All depends on where you live really as well. Bars with food menus normally will have something. Go a bit more upmarket and the options become better however the prices go up. I know really nice little independent bistros in my town that I go to for lunch with friends because places do good lunch time deals and the choice is good in terms of getting a meal slightly adjusted. Plus you know its cooked fresh with good ingredients which is important.
We have a Nandos up here I've never been before.

Do you know where I can find the calorie/fat contents of their menu?

EDIT: Here we go

http://www.nandoscanada.com/nutrition-analysis.php
Lady Venom
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
On a diet - how?

The whole point of a diet is to eat for weight loss.
You shouldn't have to be obsessing over calories. If you are that worried eat es during the day and then pig out over dinner. Your calorie counting has ED-tendancies.....
Do you exercise? Going by your picture you are skinny enough. What's your BMI?
happydinosaur
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
We have a Nandos up here I've never been before.

Do you know where I can find the calorie/fat contents of their menu?
I don't think the UK website has that info on it but this one does http://www.nandoscanada.com/nutrition-analysis.php

I normally go for a chicken pitta with a corn on the cob (butter comes on the side) and you can ask for no mayo. As far as I can tell eating a piece of skinless chicken cooked in a bit of marinade and a corn on the cob is not going to do damage to most diets. Corn on the cob has plenty of fibre and the chicken is skinless and flame grilled plus I've read somewhere that the peri peri helps boost your metabolism. Oh and don't forget the fat free frozen yoghurt.

At the end of the day might not be as low cal as you can get but at the same time is better than greasy processed rubbish. I'd rather eat a nandos burger than a spoons burger any day.
Lady Venom
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I normally just have half a chicken and corn on the cob.
Speedbird2008
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
McDonalds?

Have a salad with no dressing...

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (26)
50%
No - but I will (1)
1.92%
No - I don't want to (1)
1.92%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (24)
46.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise