The Student Room Group

Student Funding with a retired parent

Hello, I am currently enrolled on an undergraduate course and receiving the non-means tested student loan. At the time of applying I wasn't too sure on where I would stand in terms of applying so just went for the simplest option.

My situation is that I'm 23, my father is retired and has been for about 10 years, and my mother is not in the picture and has never been my primary care giver. My father is an EU citizen and receives an Italian pension.

Would I be entitled to any extra funding given my situation and if I am, how would I go about arranging things and what proof would I need?
Original post by Tonic Water
Hello, I am currently enrolled on an undergraduate course and receiving the non-means tested student loan. At the time of applying I wasn't too sure on where I would stand in terms of applying so just went for the simplest option.

My situation is that I'm 23, my father is retired and has been for about 10 years, and my mother is not in the picture and has never been my primary care giver. My father is an EU citizen and receives an Italian pension.

Would I be entitled to any extra funding given my situation and if I am, how would I go about arranging things and what proof would I need?

Hi there,

If you are looking to apply for the higher Maintenance Loan, we would need the following forms to be completed:

PFF2: https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/1920/ft/sfe_pff2_form_1920_o.pdf
NMt-MT: https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/1920/ft/sfe_nmt_to_mt_form_1920_o.pdf

We would require your dad to complete the PFF2 form with his income for the 2017/18 tax year. As he is an EU national we will require financial evidence to show his income. If he only receives a pension it would be a letter from them showing what he received in the 2017/18 tax year.

Once the above forms are completed they would be returned to the following address:

Student Finance England
Po Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

Thanks, Erin

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending