minimum age Watch

tomenthedon
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
i know in medicine many english medical schools require the student to be 18 when he starts the course but is there the same thing with dental schools
Malsy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ofcourse!!! unless they're like a genious that did their a levels and GCSE's 3 years earlier
rapha
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
'Under the terms of the Dentists Act 1984 no person under the age of 21 may be granted a degree or licence in dentistry.'

Since it takes five years to graduate from dentistry in the UK, I guess that at some universities you will be able to start at 16 but I'm not sure.
tomenthedon
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by malsi101)
Ofcourse!!! unless they're like a genious that did their a levels and GCSE's 3 years earlier
are you having a laugh mate? some people were just simply born a few weeks after august 31st. dont mean theyre geniuses, they just started scool a bit early
Malsy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tomenthedon)
are you having a laugh mate? some people were just simply born a few weeks after august 31st. dont mean theyre geniuses, they just started scool a bit early
No I didn't mean that, I don't even know how you could think I meant that from my reply- I meant younger people that go to uni early due to being very brainy and jumping years ahead so I dont know what interpretation you got! : S

What I meant was you have to be 18 unless you have done the required exams at an earlier age.

And your post was rather rude
achibachi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol I got u ^... there are sum people in my school who jumped up a year and then they were doing the A2 stuff when they were supposed to be in AS... yet still come out with one of the highest grades....!
Evolin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I thought you have be 18 to start university. Regardless of the course. I guess thats all part of my imagination. I think dentistry you do have to start at 18 though...
rapha
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Evolin)
I thought you have be 18 to start university. Regardless of the course (I think that a UCAS requirement no?)
I dont think so because people who decide to do BTec in ICT/Computing in my school, they do it in one year and go to uni a year early. It aslo says on the Cambridge Prospectus that there are no age requirements for their courses as long as you meet the entry requirements and maturity to cope with university level study.
yosrush
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just turned 16 recently and this kinda freaks me out as i'm wanting to apply this year for 2009...I don't want to wait around another year if they say 'too young, apply next year', what the hell am i meant to do in a year?!?!
kookoo_koochoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by yosrush)
I just turned 16 recently and this kinda freaks me out as i'm wanting to apply this year for 2009...I don't want to wait around another year if they say 'too young, apply next year', what the hell am i meant to do in a year?!?!
well you should phone the univerisites you intend to apply to and ask them if you need to apply for a deferred entry. Then you will have a gap year on your hands, where you can travel, get a job, do charity work, do nothing...
yosrush
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kookoo_koochoo)
well you should phone the univerisites you intend to apply to and ask them if you need to apply for a deferred entry. Then you will have a gap year on your hands, where you can travel, get a job, do charity work, do nothing...
I'll probably be phoning when we get our exam results (5th aug - can't wait :rolleyes: ) I'd much rather just jump straight into uni and be a dentist by 21
PO3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i wish i was worrying about minimum age,.... at the ripe age of 33
yosrush
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Called dundee yesterday, they said it would be fine for me to apply (I would be like 17 and two months by the time the course started), hope I helped anyone in the same situation!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.14%
No - but I will (41)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (281)
46.6%

Watched Threads